Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow lunker hunter,

I'm working on a new project and would like some input as to what to include in the content.

Quick question...

"What's the single, most important question you have about fishing for bass?"

Greatly appreciated,
Dan

·
Registered
140 Posts
well buddy, you asked. 3 things concerning bassfishing are on my mind:

1) I wanna know when my Upper Potomac River locations near Montgomery County are going to come back. I used to catch a nice keeper every trip and things have gotten progressively worse in the last three- five years. I am going out tommorrow AM for fourth attempt this year. My first three trips yielded 3 small bass !!! I used to catch 10 - 20 bag every time out it seemed (including small bass and sunfish) !!!!!

I hardly go to the lower river any more. To many boats for the weekend warrior in a 40 HP bassboat to contend with. If I put in at Reagon traffic sucks and I have to fight the tournament A--ho-es from PA to catch (if I am lucky) a couple tidal water bass !!

2) What is the size of the biggest fish in my neighborhood lake ?
I have caught approx. 30 from 19 to 21.5 inches Since 1994.
The largest was 6.5 pounds two years ago. There must be a 25 incher in there. I fish this lake probably 100 hours a year.
I caught a nice 5lber, my biggest fish for all of last year, on Dec 4.
Now alot of Spanish immigrants have taken to fishing at my location. Hopefully they will lose interest. I hate when people eat the fish I have caught and recaught for ten years.
By the way, this lake is probably 15 -20 acres is one mile around it's inregular shoreline.

3) I want to know why some people are such good fisherman.
I wished all Wednesday out of Leesylvania state park near Woodbridge. My buddy caught 17 fish !!!!! I caught 4 !!!
This the third time I fished with this guy during the last ten years and it's the third time he humbled me in the grass throwing plastic worms. He has new 20 foot Triton. He fishes as good as his boat is. I know practice is important and he lives five minutes from the Tidal Potomac, but you would think after 25 years of avid fishing I would be alot better fishing a worm in the grass.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
If it's new water I'm fishing I only need to know about structure and wind. Clarity and temp are obvious once I get there. If it's and area that I'm used to I just want to know what the wind conditions will be. This will pretty much determine where the bait fish will be in relationship to the structure.

·
Registered
323 Posts
tidal fishing is tough sometimes. fish the out going tide is the best for me and my son but he's the best. get a quick pattern and then try to stay with it. patomac is a neat place to fish. can't get use to seeing the fish swim through and out of the grass. small crank baits, jigs and worms are the best lures for us. we have a two day club tournament coming up soon and can't wait.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.