Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for Info. DIY fishing in Cancun .I have a Prowler 13 but I don't think they'll let me take it on the plane let alone on the van to hotel .I'm told they'll have Kayaks at the moon place hotel .anyone with info. on the regulations? Licences?

·
Registered
3 Posts
moon palace has kayaks but they don't have fishing poles... nice resort... food was pretty good there... beach is not as nice as their sister resort on the main strip (which is about 30 to 45 mins away).

·
Registered
253 Posts
The beach isn't as nice because it sit behind the reef, which if you think about it is a good thing. I don't remember kayaks being there, but it was my honeymoon and i wasn't really thinking about kayaking....

I did go offshore one day. Caught some huge cudas but nothing else. The lagoon behind cancun had lots of stuff swimming around. You would have to take a cab or the palace bus to get there though.

Tips about the Moon Palace. Fill the hot tub to the fill line before turning on the jets! Tip the bartender the first day you are there and you will never be without a drink the entire trip. I know it's all free, but trust me about the tip...if you give money to anybody there they will be your personal servant. Unless you want to be sold a timeshare, skip the Palace tour.

Just curious, are the rates discounted because of the hurricane they had?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Just got back today.Could not get a straight answer about fishing Linc.I fished offshore see post on the orginal board.The lagoon would have been ok to fish.But the surf on the eastside was rough all week.to the North you could fish in the kayack not to far from shore.I saw several cudas and spanish mackeral in or near the shallows there.If you go shopping go to 28th street market near the Wal Mart.Cheap/Cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts