Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With all the Crappy & Bass I''ve been catching lately i might as well start eating them and giving them away like Andy. What's your favorite ways of cooking them? If I can't thin them out enough, I might have to start guiding for them. Trout, blues, flounder and mackwills.

·
Registered
11,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
If you can't figure out how to target a certain species when they get hard to catch, it's best to just fish for the easy ones......
I can catch them. I wasn't interested in going to the places you fish , I'll take people to those places if I'm guiding for them. I started fishing for crappies there in the early 70s.I send friends there now i used to have 5 good places to fish for crappys in that area. You can't guide with 1 fishing spot.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
I can catch them. I wasn't inerested interested in going to the places you fish , I'll take people to those places if i'm guiding for them. I started fishing for crappies there in the early 70s.I send friends there now i used to have 5 good places to fish for crappys in that area. You can't guide with 1 fishing spot.
OK Capt. Here is some good advice for you from this kid. If your going to Guide.
Newspaper Font Publication Rectangle Paper
Good Luck Capt.

·
Registered
11,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I've had my captains license since 1990. probably many years before he was born .I'm not guiding to make extra money . I'm guiding to thin out the Crappy & Bass like you. I mostly guided for Rock and off shore for Tuna Shark Mahi and occasional Marlin Wahoo and King Mackerel. It got be a grind traveling to OC every week I never expected to make money at it. I did it because I liked it and had caught enough fish myself and wanted other people to have the same fun experience . Now with Striped Bass numbers in decline I would rather not guide for them. The Bluefish and most other fish are gone from the upper bay too. I feel it isn't worth beating on what's left in the upper bay to death nd i have no desire to guide for Catfish. Netters can keep all the crappy they want and the DNR stocks Bass every year in the upper bay rivers like trout so there must not be a problem keeping 5 Bass a day and all the crappy you want since the DNR has had these regulations in effect for many years.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
I've had my captains license since 1990. probably many years before he was born .I'm not guiding to make extra money . I'm guiding to thin out the Crappy & Bass like you. I mostly guided for Rock and off shore for Tuna Shark Mahi and occasional Marlin Wahoo and King Mackerel. It got be a grind traveling to OC every week I never expected to make money at it. I did it because I liked it and had caught enough fish myself and wanted other people to have the same fun experience . Now with Striped Bass numbers in decline I would rather not guide for them. The Bluefish and most other fish are gone from the upper bay too. I feel it isn't worth beating on what's left in the upper bay to death nd i have no desire to guide for Catfish. Netters can keep all the crappy they want and the DNR stocks Bass every year in the upper bay rivers like trout so there must not be a problem keeping 5 Bass a day and all the crappy you want since the DNR has had these regulations in effect for many years.
All this for a joke. HOLY ****! Didn't you think the kids letter was funny? LMAO! This fishing site is going down like the rock fish.

·
Registered
333 Posts
That would be a good seller with all the trash fish available now. This is my favorite on any fish so far .even on Crappy & Wide Mouthed Bass. View attachment 281553
Yeah, cause that stuff was invented to make redfish palatable, no easy feat, all you taste is the "blackened spices", I'm sure I could throw one of my boots on the grill sprinkle a bunch of that stuff on it, and it would taste ok.

·
Registered
308 Posts
With all the Crappy & Bass I''ve been catching lately i might as well start eating them and giving them away like Andy. What's your favorite ways of cooking them? If I can't thin them out enough, I might have to start guiding for them.
I think you might be pleasantly surprised how many people would be interested in being guided catching crappie. Your trash fish could change to you cash fish...

·
Registered
11,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think you might be pleasantly surprised how many people would be interested in being guided catching crappie. Your trash fish could change to you cash fish...
Probably so. Not many doing it and not much else left to fish for. I'm just kidding about the trash fish comment..

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
352 Posts
Yeah, cause that stuff was invented to make redfish palatable, no easy feat, all you taste is the "blackened spices", I'm sure I could throw one of my boots on the grill sprinkle a bunch of that stuff on it, and it would taste ok.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that way.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I can catch them. I wasn't interested in going to the places you fish , I'll take people to those places if I'm guiding for them. I started fishing for crappies there in the early 70s.I send friends there now i used to have 5 good places to fish for crappys in that area. You can't guide with 1 fishing spot.
Trespassing

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
352 Posts
Not the way of cooking, but the animal being cooked. Don't mind blackened fish, absolutely detest anything done with Redfish. I do blackened White perch a few times a month. Blackened ANYTHING but Redfish is good. Dunno how many reds I gave away when I was stationed at ASEC. We also do a Greek White perch, White perch tacos and just tried a White perch parm that turned out delicious with an egg white, no carb pasta.

·
Registered
11,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I don't use it on redfish. I haven't eaten a redfish in 30 years. I like the onion and that it is not hot. It's pretty mild but flavor full and easy IMO. Yours sound good. but I'm not much of a taco fan.. I don't like to wear my lunch.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
352 Posts
I don't use it on redfish. I haven't eaten a redfish in years. I like the onion and that it is not hot. It's pretty mild but flavor full IMO. Yours sound good. but I'm not a taco fan.. I don't like to wear my lunch.
Use a soft tortilla and roll it up that way. We don't do hot anything, my guts can't take it anymore. We're gonna tag along with Jeff one day and FINALLY after 3 years get a damn snakehead. Kinders taco seasoning is what we use, it's not too heavy on the cumin.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts