Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sorry, this is like beating a dead horse.

Every time someone put up a request for someone to make a new bimini or replace vinyl side curtains, I never wrote the info down because I did not need it.

Well, now I am considering replacing mine.

Who does everyong reccomend??

Already talked to Catherine. She sounds honest and sincere. Just wondering what other options I have.

John

·
Premium Member
26,251 Posts
I've had very good replacement work done at great prices in Millersville by Rebecca.

410 975-0500

·
Registered
437 Posts
Depends where you are. I used Custom Canvas Coverings at 516 Kent Narrows Way North, Grasonville, MD located inside Mears Point Marina, phone 410-827-5264 ask for Stephanie. She did a great job on my T-top enclosure. Also, very secure location as you need gate access to get into Mears Point Marina.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Boat Covers Inc......Located in Grasonville Md........ They do excellent work and they guarantee their work.......I dont have there number handy right now but just google them and there number should pop up.......

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I'll second Boat Covers inc. They have done all my boats starting in 1995. Very good prices, stand behind their work big time!!! Don't have the number handy.....you can 411 the number and get it no problem. Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Can any of these folks measure your boat and do the work without having a lot of down time? I've contacted a couple of people and they want the boat for weeks or even months.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Call: Ron Ormsbee
Marine interiors
Deale

410-212-3886

(tell him Larry Raley said call)

·
Registered
965 Posts
Boat Covers Inc (Jack Thuman is his name) is absolutely great. First class. And Shawn, yes, he measured my boat and let me have it back.

Pat

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1st, thanks for all the replies. I wrote them all down this time.

2nd, I talked to Catherine in Deale and Jack in Grasonville, Boat Covers Inc.

Here is my boat, I am getting what I asked for, rough ballparks. I think I need to budget $1500-$2000, depending on quality of fabric and plastic. Jack suggested making/building a better quality frame as well that would be more sturdy with very good quality plastic and fabric and I would probably be around $2,000.

I have no idea what I am getting into, is that reasonable, expensive or pretty much what to expect?

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
That is a very reasonable price. Jack is a guy that take pride in his work and will not be happy till it is perfect. He has been doing this for a long time and his work shows for it. That is why anytime this question is asked Jacks name will be posted 15-20 in that post. For Shawn's question. I had my 25ft walkaround full enclosure completed by Jack 2 years ago in 5 day and that was in the spring when he is very busy. Hey may be able to do it quicker now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts