Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4/4 - More "Giants" And Keepers

This Report is from Capt. DeBlasio

Wow is the only way to describe today .. just our two groups offshore today with a "not so nice" forecast .. got up this morning and it wasnt blowing bad so we set off and had a good ride offshore .. I set out on the temp break and quickly had bites .. the other boat marked some fish and went to popping and had three fish on the first three casts. The nice thing about today was the mixed class of fish .. from 39" right on up to 80+ inches and everything in between ... we both got our 27"-47" slot fish and both got our 47"-59" slot fish as well as releases on the big boys .. we added a keeper sized mako to the mix and after three hours of non stop action and the wind picking up, we had the boats pointed towards home with 10 bluefin/ 1 mako landed on one boat and 7 bluefin landed on the other boat .. the fish responded well to poppers today with some violent topwater action .. it was truly non stop action with 10 minutes being the longest either boat went today without a bite ... good to see mixed year classes here as well

4/3 – 15 “Giants” in One Day from 75” to 85” (300 – 400 pounds)

This Report is from Capt. DeBlasio

Well .. a big day down here in NC .. both our groups today saw 20 or so bites each .. one boat with the jig and pop crowd , the other trolling and throwing poppers ... we got 8 to the boat on my trip and got tags in most of them .. the fish i saw today ranged from 77" to 85". We also had a blast casting hookless poppers to fish exploding on the surface .. I'll get some pics up when I can. The other boat run by Capt. Dennis Ednee (A-Salt Weapon) released 7 in the 75” to 85” range.

Mark is on the dock today sitting out a gale so hopefully we will get pictures up by the end of the day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts