Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
logged 9 hours on the water from 9 to 5 at Cape Henry and 4a. it was really hit or miss. did a lot of trolling off Cape Henry with no success, but there was a 30 min. window where the surface was just boiling with stripers. caught a 25" during that window. other than that, nada. from the sounds of the VHF, i dont think anyone did really hot today at cape henry, or 4a. appears that the fish were farther off shore. couldnt get eels before the trip, so cant comment on how they worked. weather wasnt a factor, so tomorrow should be excellent fishing since it has the same forcast. the wind just made for a wet hour and a half trip home.

Tight lines everyone.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I talked to some guys at Bishops around noon and they said the bite was hot at the Green Can early.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
i got to the green can around 2pm and decided to drift some eels hoping that some of the fleet would be at the weight in station for the tournament . The good news is that there wasn't as many boats that i had expected only about 60 or so. I did the eel thing directly in front of the ramada, around the greencan, and in the boat channel in 60 foot of wat6er marking bait and watching the gannets dive and ended up with 1 throwback about 27-28 . I did hear that the bite was going on between 10:30-12 yesterday and today at the green can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts