Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We started late and didn't get to the boat till after 2pm. Crew of Greg, Dan, Paul and I were planning on eeling over by fisherman's island. As we head out, get a call to visit some friends at Cape Henry before we go to the high level span. Hmm, not exactly on the way, but decided to take the advise.

Got lines in before 3pm and in ten minutes, fish in the box. Okay, sometimes friends do tell the truth. Spent the next 1.5 hours trolling and picked up two more and missed another. All fish in the mid 30 range, largest a 38 in. with all caught in 40 to 45 feet of water. Current was really strong heading south. So strong that when trolling north, crew occasionally joked about my backwards trolling technique.

Decided to go back to original plan but needed to make a stop along the way. As we approach the high level span somewhere around 7pm, I realize that someone had let out the well kept secret that some fish were being caught here. Almost every piling had a boat guarding it on both spans from the shoal to the land. I had never seen this many out here before.

We did finally anchor and sat till about 11 pm. We watched some good marks pass under our boat but not a bite to be found. It was a pretty night with that full moon, but am starting to believe that "fish don't bite on a full moon." And that's my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Joe (Miller Time)

·
Registered
294 Posts
We were out there too and it was amazing how many boats were out there. Its funny how each boat gave eachother just enough room except the one guy that would squeeze in next to the charter boats.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Saturday Night High Rise

We were there from 5pm to 11 pm and caught 1 42 inch fish. Very few marks and it seems like most boats caught just 1 fish. Pretty night and great ride home. We ran the bridge all the way from High Rise to Little Creek and very few birds and none working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts