Weight: 18 pounds 10 ounces
Bait: Squid
Rod: Penn
Reel: Shimano Torium 30
Line: Power Pro 50#
Angler: Mr. Doug Deese
Hometown: Hampton, VA
Telephone Contact: (757) 826-4171

This fish was caught aboard the charter fishing vessel Jil Carrie with Capt. Jim Brincefield at the helm. Boat departed the wharf at Long Bay Pointe Bait & Tackle, Lynnhaven, Virginia Beach, VA for offshore wreck fishing.

Congrats to Capt Jim and the lucky angler Doug Deese.

George

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
439 Posts
lets see the sucka!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I almost think Capt Jim is the only person that fishes for Tilefish. Didn't someone on his boat get the record last year to have it broken by another on his boat a few weeks later?

Regardless, Congrats to The Capt, his crew and Mr Deese.

- Dae

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Record Tilefish

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy !!! Capt. Jim is a first class person and a top notch charter Capt. but most on this board already know that !!! Congrats Capt. Jim and Mr Deese

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Cool:cool2: --------------------------------

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
There are a few different kind of Tile fish. Does anyone know what type this one is.

We have caught them off Ocean City in about 600 feet of water. I don't know what kind we caught either.

Congratulations Capt. Jim & crew!

Ele

·
Registered
992 Posts
ELE-

Blueline tilefish - The blueline tilefish is a bottom dweller found in water ranging from 240-780 feet deep, from Virginia to the Campeche Banks of Mexico. It is frequently found in the same habitat as groupers and snappers, preferring irregular bottom with sand, mud and shell hash. It is usually found in bottom water temperatures of 59° to 73° F. It has been found to burrow head first in cone-shaped sand piles. It may grow to be 32 inches and live up to 15 years. Blueline tilefish feed on bottom creatures, such as crabs, shrimp, snails, worms, sea urchins and small fish

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Marcus, how have you been? Haven't heard much from you lately.

That is not the same tile fish that we caught. Ours were a different color, much prettier.

I know there a couple of different kind.

Ele

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Where can one find the regs for taking tilefish, you know, creel limits, lengths and such?

-JB

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
That drawing doesn't really do a blue line justice. this looks a bit more like the real ting.

The other species you might have caught is a golden, the get a bit bigger.

There are currently no recreational regulations on tilefish or groupers north of the Virginia/North Carolina State line.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Marcus, how have you been? Haven't heard much from you lately.

That is not the same tile fish that we caught. Ours were a different color, much prettier.

I know there a couple of different kind.

Ele
Probably a Golden, much prettier and get much larger

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminete Brothers,
CaptCroakerheads boat is just full of world record placks and tournament winner placks. How he figured all this Deep Drop and Tilefish stuff out is beyond me. I ate my Tilefish and they are good eating!!!

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
They are caught from Florida at least as far north as New Jersey. The one in the pic came from off of Va.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts