Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now it was a beautiful day today. Spring is certainly in bloom....or my nose is lying to me and my eyes are puffy.... and watery because I haven't been fishing in a while. BUT, Spring has nothing as colorful as Capt. Pete! See for yourself!

I mean isn't that the picture of a Pirate Over 40? Those of you that know him know of his accomplishments and today he hosted some Tidal Fishers at his home with the intention of viewing a "hangin".

There was food galore! Take a look at these Oysters and Clams. Some of the Eastern Shores finest with salt water taste all there own. Add sauce, Corona and Texas Pete.....well there you go!

I happened to run out of battery time which seems to happen whenever cameras and Pete are together in one place. He used it to explain why he didn't have a picture of the beast when he caught it. My camera went "off the blink" when it showed up at his place....but I did squeeze in a few shots.

First one is of Scott and Sandy Cole. A fine couple and it was good to see her looking so good after her recent ordeal and enjoying herself!

This one is of a group of intrepid fishermen and eaters...Dennis hookinfinger, Tim plumbbob, and Doug Johnson. Doug has been called many names but he sticks to Johnson. I don't know whether that's because of the many aliases he uses in those Post Office pictures or being in possession of a Johnson, one doesn't need anything else!

Here's a picture of my wife, Sharon and Chuck. The Flounderman kept her well supplied with raw oysters/clams, Tog Bites and Sea bass. That Chuck can keep you supplied with fish on or off the water!

Now this next one is a quiz. In this picture do you see the feet of a bald Hobbit, someone who just got "hosed", someone who sleeps in the wet spot or the feet of a NASA astronaut on a trip without Depends?

Now I know what you are all waiting for.....I mean it was the REASON we were all there! It had NOTHING at all to do with the good fellowship of men and women of Tidal Fish. It had NOTHING to do with the wonderful eats. It had NOTHING to do with the fact that we knew Craig "Miles Offshore" WOULDN'T be there. It had NOTHING to do with the fact that AL B drank all the beer that wasn't fit to drink the night before.

It had to do with the tampon.....I mean the TARPON!!!! WELL....here it is....

....or at least that's where it is going to be.......if this isn't just one of Capt. Pete's Fish Stories!!! Note....I did see a scale of a Tarpon and a Citation awarded. The FISH is damned hard to see in this photo even though it is 82 inches long and 59 in circumference!

You must admit that is one helluva fish.....or one helluva story!:cool2:

Like most of my fishing.....this fish didn't show.....but he is going to be Well Hung!

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a GREAT party!

Capt. Pete and the Admiral....his dear wife Linda....along with their son put out one great spread of food! It was one of those "you really missed it....shoulda been here!" kind of days. Pete was kind enough to include my daughter and son-in-law who were down from Richmond and showed up at my house as my wife and I were planning to leave.

There was a nice turnout and no one left with an empty belly or without a smile. I like these "happenings" because it really IS what the board is about. Not just fishing but fishing FRIENDS.

Pete has a wealth of fishing knowledge that he can impart to all of us. He calls it being "lucky".....I call it SKILL!

If you have an empty cooler...or keep getting "skunked"....Capt. Pete can tell you how to get out of that dilemma. He has always been one to share his knowledge and doesn't know the meaning of the word..."Secret"......well, maybe a little!;-)

Really....a MOST enjoyable day. The fact that the fish was still "under construction" did not detract from the party but added an element of humor to it. He has tried twice now to have an "unveiling" and his day WILL come!! I had other pictures of his "trophy" room which I did not post. I believe that would be intruding on his privacy, but he won't post them either because it's HIS sacred place and even though he can be outspoken.....he enjoys himself too much to brag of his accomplishments.

Anyone who catches fish the way he does is not "bragging" when he tells you about it. Particularly when he feels he was just being "lucky"!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
What a day

Sanity,
You certainly summed it up plus showed pictures of a great time being had at Capt. Pete's and his Wife Linda's party yesterday.:rockingreport:

I was amazed at his Trophy fish:bigfish: and all the Citations he had hanging on the wall in his special room.

He certainly is an accomplished Fisherman.:thumbup:

Those Oysters and clams were certainly delicious and had the taste of the Great Lynnhaven lightly salted oysters of years ago.

I also sent him the pictures I took yesterday at the party.
It certainly was a pretty day for a Party!:clap:

Thanks again Capt Pete & Linda!
Regards
I did get this picture on one wall in the Trophy room.The other walls had also been filled with his fishing accomplishments. Check it out on this web Site.
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze29wtp/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/party.jpg

·
Registered
750 Posts
it was a gosh dern shame I couldnt attend yesterday but this spring funk has really got a grip on me. I did get a pre-party taste of the clams!. Glad to see it went well and y'all had a beautiful day for the get together-! (as I cough my guts out this morning)

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Craig, there was..

..more "Secret Sauce" being thrown around at that party than at a Rob Holtz production. You haven't had Tog bites unless Capt. Pete has made them. Those tog were delicious. Seems he caught one or two while out fishing last weekend.

Sorry that you have the "funk". You've just got to learn to eat more dirt. When I was growing up my mother would insist that we went into the yard to play and couldn't come in until we had each eaten a pound of dirt. Kept us healthy. She was particularly fond of recommending that we play in the sandbox after the cat had used it. Somehow it was more "wholesome". Nowadays we can't eat spinach at a restaurant because some cow passed gas in a neighboring farm.

You've become too "civilized" and "purified", Craig. Look what being around waste has done for Shulson!!:eek:

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Thank you all!

Thank you all for a wonderful day. I had a great time, even though the tarpon didn't make it. But like Tom said its about sharing and having a good time. I hope we can do this again some time.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Pete sorry I missed it. By the time we got done with the boat and fish my butt was draggin. I'll give you a call maybe we can go next weekend. Looks like I missed some good grub. I won't next time.

·
Registered
289 Posts
A great time. Doc, the one pic is not too flattering. Thank God we did not do the pic of mounting me on Pete's wall:eek2: , usually I'm the mounter!!:yes:. Congrats to you Pete. I will call you on the hot tub thing. This was your day bro, and it was a heck of a spread. I'm glad we are friends, and look forward to fishing with you in the future, no matter what an a-hole you are!!!!!:rockon: Thanks for a great time!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Pete
Thanks to you and Linda for having us over to your home. Great food and friends. Look forward to helping replenish the "tog bites" consumed and targeting monster drum.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Thanks Pete and Linda for having us over!! It was great food and good company and we all had a great time even though the guest of honor didnt arrive it was an excellent day to spend with friends and enjoy some tasty seafood. Tell Linda the Salmon dip was very good as well as the blackberry cobbler.

Sorry I missed the rest of you who were the early (earlier than me anyway) arrivals at the party, I did see Chuck, Dennis and AL B there and several others came and went throughout the evening.
Pete sure does have a great trophy room:bigfish: and I could only dream of having 1/4 of the success he has had. You name it I think he has caught it. Tred Barta has nothing on Capt Pete!!

Congrats again on the great Tarpon catch and I will surely stop by and check it out when it arrives. I was an excellent party and again I thank you and Linda for your hospitality.
VR
Kevin Meyer

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Cold beer, salty oysters, spicy Tog bites, blackberry cobbler... can't beat it. Pete and Linda, thanks for putting it together... I had a blast.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Admiral Linda, Capt. Pete thanks for the invite !

The food was terrific. I still can't get over how good those oysters and clams were. It was a great get together on a picture perfect day. Nice to see familiar faces and to meet new folks.

As others have said, that is one heck of a trophy room ya got there. After the Tarpon is hung I believe you will be out of wall space. Looks like you are going to be needing a room addition.:))

I am looking forward to our Drum trip in May.:clap:

Again, thanks for your hospitality and generosity.

Dennis:))

1 - 14 of 14 Posts