Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
That's just a shame,well it can't be that they didn't build a good product,bullet proof hulls..
I hope the best for the Carmen's..

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
--Found out too late --Would have liked to have gone & bid on a few goodies--But Thanks--geo.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The Md Watermans Assoc. was to auction off a 32 Carman as a fundraiser. I wonder if the boat was completed prior to closing shop. Too bad, they were really distinctive looking boats.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found out they got stuck with a half completed boat that a customer started and a pair of engines for 100,000 that the customer did not pay for. That will kill a small builder in these times.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
The Md Watermans Assoc. was to auction off a 32 Carman as a fundraiser. I wonder if the boat was completed prior to closing shop. Too bad, they were really distinctive looking boats.
--Never thought of that , A lot of stubs are out There-

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
Anyone know who bought all the moulds?
Who knows... Tough time to sell molds even in an auction. C-hawk boats went for auction last dec and i dont think there was a buyer. Personally I love the Carmen 32 and 46.

Carmen 32

Carmen 46

Do your part to keep the local economy going........... buy a locally built boat! :yes::thumbup::D

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I talked to a buddy that went down to the auction. He got there at 10 after 9 and it was already over. He said thier wasn't many people there and no one new who bought what, or for how much. He said it looked like no one that was there bought anything.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Composite Yachts bought the 32 mold. Give them a call and have them build you one.

I really like that 32 that composite built up on the carmen hull.

They seeme to be great guys. They just picked up my hull from maine and are trailering it down today and tommorrow.

DBM

·
Registered
100 Posts
not a happy

That is sad news....i really liked the 16ft skiff they built and was mulling over getting one for myself....i hope that skiff resurfaces somewhere down the road.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts