Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, does anyone know anything at all about Carman boats? Good, bad, indifferent? Anyone own one? Ride, service, reliability?
Thanks in advance,
Mark

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
Well respected bay boat but I think the company is being sold.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Their facility was liquidated a few weeks ago. This day in age, that doesn't mean that they didn't make a good product...

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
---40 Robbins , Ain't no Slouch, love to show her to you & anyone else that could be intrested --See my TF ad for her --geo.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Just because Carman went out of business doesn't mean they are a bad boat. I wouldn't let that influence my thinking on buying one. They are a fine bay boat.

·
Registered
732 Posts
My understanding is that they started a boat for a customer which then backed out of the deal leaving Carmen with the motors, material and all the labor costs. In these times I am sure people were not standing in line for a new boat and they could not recover. I have been on some charter boats that were Carmen hulls and they ran very well.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Composite yachts bought the molds for the 32' carmen. I rode on one a couple of times and really liked it. seemed like a solid bay boat.

·
Tidal Fish Commercial Subscriber
226 Posts
I own the plug that the molds were made from. It is 46 ft. and a very reliable boat. It handles very well in rough water. I would be glad to take you for a ride. I run out of Deale. Give me a call 301-855-5341. Charlie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts