Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information on how these hulls compare with the flatbottoms?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Check out the Carolina Skiff Owners group http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners. You should be able to find the answers there. I have been looking at the 218DLV. They have one at the Bmore Boat show right now if you want to see one in person. You can also get a pretty deal at the show.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Got one and love it. would recomend it to anyone looking for a boat in the range of 19 to 23

·
Registered
181 Posts
Chesapeake Bay area near Kent Island. I think you will like how it handles, and how close you can get to shore, very shallow draft. Again great boat, functional and well built like a tank. High speed rough water it will be a rough ride, but by laying off the throttle not a bad ride at all. I have a 115 Yamaha on mine and saw no need for a larger motor. On the GPS noted after trimming 42 MPH.....All I need to get where I am going and get me back. Good luck

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sorry I forgot about the other question. I troll and bottom fish for stripers and also crab. I also take it to Ocean City for Flounder, again great boat for the shol waters there

·
Registered
885 Posts
I sea trialed a 218 DLV last Wednesday afternoon out of Beacon Light Marina in Baltimore. Air temp was 30 something and wind was 15ish. Unfortunately, there was not much wave action but a short chop (I couldn't find real waves).

Other than the fact we almost froze to death when we were doing 40+, the boat ran smooth (115 4 stroke). Certainly not a ride like in a deep V but this thing only drafts 8" and left very little wake behind. It is a big wide boat that I believe can handle 2-3 without a problem. Maybe someone can chime in with more info.

It’s a very simple boat but great casting areas in the front and back.

I am close to making the decision to get it so any input would be appreciated!

Ernie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts