Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Great boat but you will get wet on rough days but you can get wet on any boat when the wind is blowing.. You see what I have and it has been in some very rough water. You can land a helicopter on my deck, lots of room. :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
I will second what Steve said. If you like fishing the skinny water and also the big open water (CBBT on nice days) you can't go wrong. I have had my Skiff for 8 years now and love it! You have all the open room you want.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brother,
Good choice if you need a big boat that's inexpensive and easy to tow. Not so good if you value your back and don't want chipped teeth when running in the typical bay chop.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Hey Ole Gray One, all you have to do is wear a back brace and a month piece and you'll be fine.:D Now they are not all that bad if you know how to trim the motor and SLOW down. Just ask Uncle Phill he loves fishing out of the Debra Lynn.

If you really want to know how these CS are in bad weather just ask Jason B about our trip to the Outter Banks, when you have water coming over the deck like Niagra Falls you know your in some rough water :eek:

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Those skiffs are barges, lots of room and very stable. Like Steve said, you'll get wet in most any CC with a little wind. They can pound you in a typical chop and can be uncomfortable on a long run (if you go too fast), so be prepared. May want to check the DLVs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
carolina skiff

I basically agree with all your assetments of CS. But I still want another one. I bought an original 1660 and after 17 years its finally died. I'm looking at the 1780 vs th 1765 problem is this my also require a motor upgrade. Since I just bought a new 30 honda 2and 1/2 years ago its beginning to look like a total upgrade in package. Any one with experience with the 1780.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brothers,
The CS's are great for flounder fishing in Watchaprague and fishing for Patapsco Permit in protected waters (like Location X.) IMHO you need at least 12 degrees of deadrise (and trim tabs) if you intend to use your boat in the bay snot.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Look at the 21DLV, Stable Dry and not too bad of a ride in the Bay. I would not trade it for any boat it's size. For a good price and good service try Ed's Marine in Va.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts