Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be mounting a Minn Kota Riptide ST with a 60" shaft on my 2003 Carolina Skiff 1980 DLX using the quick release bracket. I was wondering if any Carolina skiff owners out there with the same or similar setup have any suggestions for mounting the bracket and motor, specifically with regards to the lip on the front deck. This is the first major modification I'm doing to my boat, so I want to make sure I'm going about it the best possible way before making any cuts or drilling any holes. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any input!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sam, I have a 2007 DLV and put it right on the front. Mine has the raised deck on the front. I had to send my ten year old nephew down through one of the hatches on the front deck to tighten the nuts. Take a pic of the front of your boat and post it so we can see how it is set up.

·
Registered
11,249 Posts
I just removed the deck, mounted the motor on it and a swivel chair.Then put the deck back on.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking the best approach may be to pull off the front deck, mount the quick release bracket, then secure the deck back down. I can't take and post pictures of the boat right now because I will be over-seas until June. What I have is just the original DLX front deck with a cleat centered on the bow. I'll check out CSO and see what I can dig up. Thanks for the input fellas!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts