Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Rollers are at times a better deal if you're using a ramp that is not very deep but..if that is not a problem I would get a bunk or float-on trailer with two rear PVC guide post.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I switched away from rollers to bunks too. Happier now. No bottom paint on mine, but I would think with care bunks would be fine for painted bottom. Easy on the power loading.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this is a bit late, but I have had a small boat with bunks and now my 23 with rollers. If the rollers are set up properly they will do better. I have never had my boat out of alignment unless I was submerged too deep. I have been glad to have it at slaughter beach when the tide is out. Although I would be curious about the bunks with thenylon runner strips, or whatever they are made of.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
My 19' is on a bunk and has the "nylon" slicks.

I have never thought the slicks worked as god as they are supposed too. At one time I used to carry vasoline to help lube them a little. Now I just back further in to the water as I need to.

As far as as the bunks themselves go, bunks are far better for the boat than rollers. They pretty much eliminate any pressure points that can be gotten from misadjusted rollers.

Does anybody know how to measure whether or not a roller is mis-aligned and putting uneven pressure on the hull? Neither do I.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I have a 27' Albemarle that I used to keep on a trailer....with out rollers it would have been a pain in the a$$ to get on and off....I can launch / load in less the 1 1/2 mins with someone in the truck that can back up and hook the cable...not so with bunks on a bigger boat

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
What is better for a 21ft fiberglass center console? carpeted bunk trailer or a roller trailer?
i hate rollers i hate rollers.......if you want to buy a roller trailor i'll sell you mine for $750 bucks .......its set up for a 21 footer (my wahoo) ....i go buy a brand new bunk one.....my trailor is like new as you see in the photo ........no rust anywhere

1 - 10 of 10 Posts