Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Carr's Creek

Scott,
I've fished Carr's Cr. a few times from the kayak. In the winter, there can be pretty good pickerel fishing there. In the summer, it's loaded with perch. This summer I was out for perch and caught a 22" striper by the little brick structure that's off the Navy docks on the west side of the bay just outside Carr's Cr. I get there by launching from Jonas Greene park.

Steve, Greenbelt

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
Carrs creek can be really good.There is a firing range back there but you are allowed in UNLESS the yellow lights are flashing.A patrol boat will tell you not to enter.The shoreline on the right-just before the mouth can be good at high tide.

Years ago - there was a submarine tied up in the creek.When it was towed out- a nice 10foot deep channel was formed-right at the mouth.Hug the right hand side.Once inside the creek-to your left will be old pilings/dock where the sub was tied up.Water here is 20 feet deep :yes:.

The cove right across from there offers good casting.

Farther up there is some rip rap and an old house boat.Both worth casting to.The creek goes farther up but my boat is too big for me to explore it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Scott
I've fished in there many times form both skiff and kayak over many years. the other posts speak the truth about where to fish. I have had particularly good luck some years (not this!) for rock right at the entrance along the east bank. One of the reasons I like it so much, is that it is one of the most beautiful creeks around. Lots of wildlife to enjoy. Seldom any company.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts