Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a video of everything I have been catching this month (April) with the cast net. Good month for bait and the dogs!

Hope you enjoy!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Coastal! What size net do you throw? I stick with the small nets for my locations. The largest net I can throw like this is 8ft. 6ft net in the video. Anything larger and I would have to break out the old school teeth / shoulder method.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Great video. I loved it. Now that's a lab for you. Mine are the same way. Can't keep a flounder bait when they are on board.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Nice video. Curious how far you were letting the net sink? I normally let mine go to the bottom but have encountered some snags. We have a black lab and he likes seafood too. When I was cast netting one day and pulled up a blue crab, Coal proceded to eat it, shell, claws and all. It pains me to think about him passing it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice video. Curious how far you were letting the net sink? I normally let mine go to the bottom but have encountered some snags. We have a black lab and he likes seafood too. When I was cast netting one day and pulled up a blue crab, Coal proceded to eat it, shell, claws and all. It pains me to think about him passing it.
I let it sink all the way to the bottom (that how I usually get flounder in the net). My creek is only about 4-5 feet at high tide.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts