Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone reccomend someone in the Annapolis area I could contact about providing me with a casting lesson. I'm not that bad to about 50 feet, but would like to understand what I could do to improve with things like hauling.... Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you are going to pay the money, why not go for one of the best? Dpost and I took lessons from Lefty at his house west of Baltimore. His rates are reasonable and he can take a look at one cast and tell you what you are doing wrong. I learned a ton of information from him. It is very impressive to watch him cast the whole fly line with only the upper section of a 2 piece rod, too.

shanks

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
202 Posts
1. Learn to load energy into the line with the rod instead of your arm,

and

2. Learn to HAUL the line, baby.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Sean and Joe are both certified. I've met some good and some not so good fed certified guys.
Both these dudes were real good casters long before they heard about the fed cert. Now they are also very good teachers.
Sean is a quiet but funny guy. Been friends with him since I moved to Md. Just a cool eastern shore dude that loves to fish.
Joe is shot out of a cannon. Crackin jokes ...mostly about me.. :eek: when I'm within earshot.
We grew up a few towns apart in Jersey.
Both are excellent teachers and very good friends. You'll have to drive about 20 min. for a lesson... couldn't ask for something much easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts