Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We launched at Graveley Pt at 2:00 pm and ran to the wharf to pick up some mullet for bait. We headed towards Flletcher's to fish the incoming tide. It was very slow for the first couple hours and we started to get a steady pick of eater size cats. A few bigger cats were caught as well. This is my go to spot when the bay is too rough for my 17' boat............Gary

catfish 7-18-15.jpg

·
Registered
14,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a Great day! I guess the crabs were happy!

Ted
We crabbed last weekend. Kevin HATES to get up at 3:30 am to go crabbing. He wanted to hit Hacketts for Perch but it was 2-3 on the bay so we went cat fishing instead........ Gary

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Thanks for the report. I'll try mullet for bait next time. Usually, I try to catch bait there, but the last few times, bluegills have been tough to come by in my usual spots. My kids love short trips to Fletcher's.

·
Registered
146 Posts
What wharf sells mullet? I'm guessing the one in DC or is there something in Alexandria? I fish out of gravelly often and usually try to catch some gizzard shad or bring other assorted baits from the asian markets. Still trying to find something reliable though. Beef heart definitely doesn't work.

·
Registered
14,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What wharf sells mullet? I'm guessing the one in DC or is there something in Alexandria? I fish out of gravelly often and usually try to catch some gizzard shad or bring other assorted baits from the asian markets. Still trying to find something reliable though. Beef heart definitely doesn't work.
The wharf in DC on Maine Ave. I launch at Gravelly and run up the Washington Channel in my boat. Dock up at Capt Whites. I have known Sonny White for 40 years. Usually buy 4 mullet @ $2.89 pound. Great bait and stays on the hook well......... Gary

·
Registered
14,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the report. I'll try mullet for bait next time. Usually, I try to catch bait there, but the last few times, bluegills have been tough to come by in my usual spots. My kids love short trips to Fletcher's.
I hear ya. I went to Buzz's last weekend. 2 1/2 hour drive from Mt Airy. Sur was good to see Mike and Christy though............. Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts