Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
housefish - thanks for the compliments!

I set up the 100 Fathom Fishing Club to provide a forum for deepdroppers, swordies and bottomfishermen. No other fishing club has that kind of focus. We don't charge any membership dues nor do we accept any manufacturer advertising or donations. It allows us to be totally independent and focus solely on the rights of offshore recreational anglers.

Happy New Year,

Mark :))
Catch-All

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/florida-angler/250767-fish-pics-your-best-fish-so-far.html

Post up your best fish pics too. It's all good! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Happy New Year,

Catch
Mark:
VERY NICE PICS DUDE!!!! I've got to get back to the Blue Water for a FIX SOON!!!

Here are a couple of mine..

Alaska 2008 - Ling Codd up to 70 lbs

Dang I'm UGLIER than the COD

A little Hallibut from Alaska 2008

Yellow Eyed Rockfish from Alaska 2008 - Very Old Fish

Light Tackle Jigging Amberjack

11 lb Flounder 2008

Little Gaffer Mahi

Blue Marlin Released to GROW UP

Me & Mrs Fishin Fool light tackle on BIG BLACK DRUM

Little Hammerhead Released

I have a lot more, but this is enough. The worst part is I am usually driving the boat while everyone else gets to fish.:helpsmilie:

:fishing2::D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fishin Fool - kewl pics! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! I'm impressed. Especially that Doormat Flounder - it needs to have "Welcome" on it in big letters. :clapping2:

I remember seeing some of your Alaska pics on the 100FFC club site. That was an awesome trip that you & your friends had up there. Congrats! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Happy New Year ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Mark
Catch-All

The 100 Fathom Fishing Club Check It Out ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Fishin Fool - kewl pics! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! I'm impressed. Especially that Doormat Flounder - it needs to have "Welcome" on it in big letters. :clapping2:

I remember seeing some of your Alaska pics on the 100FFC club site. That was an awesome trip that you & your friends had up there. Congrats! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Happy New Year ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Mark
Catch-All

Thanks Mark, it was an AWESOME ADVENTURE for sure. I also posted the report here on TDF and it is a trip I'll remember the rest of my life.

We are already planning a return trip in 2 years, I hope to fish with the same Captain again as well as Mate. Next time I'm bringing my Jigging Rods and lots of Gear for a little FUN.

The winds are HOWLING today with gusts well over 45 mph. It just plain SUCKS, I need an H2O FIX BAD. I guess I really just need a BIGGER BOAT and a BIGGER PAYCHECK to Support It.

·
Registered
235 Posts

Mark
Catch-All

Check this out !!!!

That site that looks cool however, it's my understanding that if you fish with or even know Lou (Chumlord) that you will not be allowed to join the 100FFC. DANG!!!.... Thats almost everyone on tidalfish.

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Lucian remember that big blue one..That was a fun day...:bigfish:
Yeah Jimmy, I remember a few Blue ones, all Fun in the Sun!!! I can't wait to get back out in the spring and make a run South, looking for those Bad Boys. I've got a freezer full of hoos and a bucket full of rigs, just waiting for the chance to slice through some Blue Water looking for a hook up.:fishing2:

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Tat Tuna
I still can't believe that one fish fit in the boat. I hope I never have another blue one die on me. But I'm gonna still fish for them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tat & Lucian - three hours standup on any fish is hard work. But a 619 Man In The Blue Suit? Holy cow - that's a fish of a lifetime. Nice goin' ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Catch

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Tat & Lucian - three hours standup on any fish is hard work. But a 619 Man In The Blue Suit? Holy cow - that's a fish of a lifetime. Nice goin' ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Catch
Actually I believe it weighed 519 lbs. and 3 1/2 hours, but that was a a few years ago. The darn thing tried to KILL ME!!!:eek:

I didn't even have a harness until after an hour and a half into the battle and it was on a long bent butt which made things even harder. I had the belt below my waist.

I've fought bigger fish, but not any stronger. That fish danced all over the ocean the 1st hour before deciding to dive DEEP. I almost had the leader on five occasions, each time it would see the boat and take off all over again. I'll remember that fish the rest of my days, I am sorry it died.

I also remember a day fishing on a buds boat and a big ole blue grabbed a teaser and wouldn't let go, I was ripping the teaser as hard as I could to get it off and Tat Tuna was bouncing Islanders off it's head. It finally ripped the teaser out of the riggers, I got it away and the fish dove under the boat and grabbed the flat line, little white marlin bait, 80 lb leader, 30 lb main line and Tat Tuna fought the beast to the leader in about 40 minutes. I still can't believe that fish made it to leader. I grabbed the leader and with no effort at all it parted. FUNNY FIGHT, even FUNNIER BACKING DOWN SKILLS. I wish I could get my hands on that video. I think it would win a PRIZE.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts