Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading over to the banks in about 2 weeks and wanting to find a spot to use a cast net for live bait- My normal fishing is down at Ocena Isle/Sunset area- best place there is about 1/2 from the police station at Troy Street on Ocean Isle- I gave away a little spot- Can anybody help me out?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Deepnds on what kinda bait and size you are looking for?Menhaden are pretty big right now with threadfins beginnning to show.Lots of gudgeons in the ditches that you can see on the way to the inlet minow trap and some catfood and come back an hour or two later.Kitty Hawk from the little bridge that you cross right after the big bridge to get on the outer banks from the north.some times every thing there from crappies to mullets to menhadens.from the west under the bridge across from pirates cove.any where around the oi fishing center and no telling what you might get for bait there.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS-
Wish me luck- 2nd time heading to the OBX but 1st time really wanting to fish and catch something.......................[excited]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts