Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, while trolling around Buoy 65, I hooked a nice 28" rockfish on a Stretch 25. I use heavy leaders and braid so there is little chance of the line breaking even with a big fish. However, the hooks on a Stretch can bend if enough pressure is put on a fish. This has happened several time to me. I often replace the original hooks with 3X hooks of the next size up. Never had a problem with my replacements. Lots of lures work, but I religiously troll the Stretch WWB.

Organism Line Banana family Terrestrial plant Fishing lure

Body jewelry Jewellery Wire Pattern Eyewear

Vertebrate Fin Fish Food Saba banana

Registered
Agreed! The factory hooks leave a lot to be desired. I too have always changed them to a better hook, usually VMC or Owner and have also started to give the single inline styles a try on many of my lures. Although I've yet to hook up with anything big enough to really test the strength of the singles.

I've got several stretch lures in various sizes & they do work well at times. Mann's has always made some decent lures IMO. :yes:

Registered
Put a stretch out yesterday in the Rapp after trolling for hours with parachutes and no love. Got one bite that got off shortly after hook up. Should have gone out into the bay. Friend of mine crushed them just outside of the mouth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts