Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went fishing with my son early this morning.Well 5:30am early for me.Been getn up at 7am a lot since I retired.
He bought a used Cajun bass boat.
We put in at Deep Bottom at the crack of dawn (I thought I heard it crack).
I backed the boat in with him in it [grin] from ear to ear.One proud dude!
While walking back down the hill from parking the rig I was thinking now this is different.All these years he's been going with me in my boats.
Think he was really excited as he said "Here put this on" handing me a Bass Pro Life Jacket.
After he eased away from the dock a hundred yards or so he said "better turn your hat around " and "hangon".
All of a sudden heard the motor snort and it felt like we were taking off in the space shuttle.Couldn't get my breath and my wrinkles musta flattened out on my face my eyeballs sank back in their sockets and I felt like I had to do my morning bathroom thing.
WOW what a way to wake up skimming across the water like that.
Well we got there fast before someone got our spot (guess thats why the speed)
He handed me one of the dozen of rods he had on the deck and we started casting a fiew times no hits.Lets go he said and get behind the windshild this time so you can breath.(Listen to him bossing the old man around)
So we rode like a bat out of ell again to another spot before someone got there before us .did this several times. Finally a hit fish on! Reeleed in about a 2lb blue cat on a rooser tail spinner......
Well anyway to cut this short did this several more time (cought 3blue cats before we headed in .
We got back and out of the water and headed to Dairy Queen on Rt5 and got a Blizzard and Chocolate dipped cone and talked about the fishing and boat and he said "How'd you like the boat?"
I said "Son I think you bought a nice catfish boat"
We had a gret day fishing.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah we were jokeing and laughing about that.It was in the carpet.I said only foo foo boats have carpet in it.
He said his wife wasn't going to like it so I said he better stop at car wash before he gets home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts