Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the sport of catfishing and wondering if anyone could give me any suggestions as to what type of bait to use and what type gear/terminal tackle should I purchase. Thanks in advance, Kepone

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Mr. Kepone. I would be glad to help you. As would many of the regulars here. I come from a long line of rivermen. My family tree covers waterman on the Chick and James, all the way back to before the whiteman came over and ruined everything. When I have time I will put into words some of the stories from my fathers-fathers-great-great-uncles netting days. That is, if you want to hear about giant stripers and sturgeons. It is a shame that the white man (ie: land stealing, poaching, bluecat introducing, crossbow shooting, land rapers) had to screw everything up.

Anyway, tell me how I can help. What specifically do you want to know?

Dayton (no skiff, just a follower) [wink]

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could you give me some tips on stealing fishing spots from catfish guides. Also, when is the best time to ride the river during a tournament to mark other fishermans honey holes? Should I travel on a jetski to not draw attention to myself? Is it ok to pull right up beside them and mark it with the GPS or is it better back off and line up landmarks? What do the guides boats look like and where do they put in?

Thanks, Kepone

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
You have come to the right place. I can help you with all of that. You will, however, have to chip in some gas money when we go offshore out of O.I.

I will be glad to help you as soon as I get back from taking my son to Tie-kwand-doo (sp) class.

Dayton

·
Registered
13 Posts
Catfish Help?? Fish in water- Try Dutch Gap area (could be from Richmond to Claremont)- use shad- good luck!! Oh and by the way if you see a skiff on a spot go back to it later it could be a good hole[grin][grin]. Thats the info i got hope it helps.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Ranger - you guys are really sharp dudes man, almost as smart as Jerry Rogers, my "ole buddy" in West Va. I miss Jerry.

PS - Thanks for posting my pic in the ECCC. My dad told me I didn't fish it. I know he would not lie. He swears we were at one of the other catfish havens or heavens...whatever.

Don't forget I raised BigCat almost, yes "almost" THE SAME WAY MW(Team Cannonball) raised me! [angel]

·
Registered
556 Posts
I recommend using Largemouth Bass for bait![excited]

Sorry Kepone........I couldn't resist. Please don't hate me b/c I am beautiful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts