Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe the cold windy weather for the middle of May. I caught a few bass, but stopped fishing because of the cold and wind. I got in the truck and listen to radio and had a few beers. You can stop fishing and wait for a good weather day when you are retired. :yes: View attachment 204458 View attachment 204466

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I never watched it, but I will check it out now. Thanks Capt. I walked and fished the river for bass this morning. The tide was so low all my good spots were dry. All the lily pads were out of the water. I did hook a bass, but lost it. It was raining again. When is going to stop? Getting on my nerves. I took these pictures for my Sister in-law Mary in FL. She like this kinda stuff. View attachment 204570 View attachment 204578

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MCC Fish, I use to fish in tournaments. I fished in a Ray Scott tournament long ago on Lake Keeowee, in Pickens S.C. Fished with Bill Dance first day. That helped a lot. I came in 11th. Back then they only paid up to 10th. View attachment 204594 I am going to work with my Daughter this morning. She is going to work, and I am going to fish off the piers of people she works for. The white perch might be ready to catch. Maybe even a rockfish. maybe!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I tried going out in the bay on Monday was to rough, ended up bottom fishing Wye river caught lots of perch. I was lucky enough to fish a Hank Parker tournament at lake Seminole years ago also met Roland while there .

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's pretty good. What did you think of Roland? IMO. Bill Dance and Tom Mann were the nicest guys of all I met. I caught some rockfish this morning while fishing for white perch. Things are looking good.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Back in the 70's I fished my first Ray Scott tour at Lake Gaston Va/Nc our club leased a cabin there.
That was when I met all the Pro's of the Day. Spoke to Bill D in a creek I was pre-fishing, Neither of us had done much.
Met Tom Mann I told him this was my first BASS tour, He told me "The only difference between a Pro and a sport-fisherman
was the price of an entry fee!" All those guys were good Old Boys. Tommy Martin was always the first boat in line. Al Lanier came down from up north.
Roland had already become a legend. Billy Westmoreland a small mouth legend form Dale Hollow at the time was the only guy to have caught a 10 lb
Large & Small Mouth Bass. He died some years latter. So many more, all were happy to talk to you.
Truly fond memories.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Capt. Dale, I don't post reports on this site anymore, but I do read reports, and I had to reply to your post. You have a good memory. All them guys were at Lake Keeowee also. Even Al Linder. I wish I had a camera back then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts