Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
on camera....

I have been out in Jackson Hole, Wy waiting for a window to go catch a few fish. It's been cold, but getting warmer, warmer being in the 30's:eek: I have been shooting some wildlife and caught this fox looking for dinner on film, thought I would share it since I am sure the fishing at home is a little slow;-):D

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
looks like them Red X you caught the last time

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Nice pics Still don't miss the snowy tundra of winter

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
That's pretty cool!

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Nice shots there Brandon. Those fox hunt just like cats, pretty interesting to watch. Are you fishing the spring creeks?

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tiderunner, when you are Chief Angler on TF you get to post some things that might not have to do with fishing;-):D But I am trying to do some fishing, so its all the spirit. Not to mention I know how idle time can get a little crazy around here during the winter months;-)

Jack, looking to fish creeks and maybe even the main rivers. We will see. I like the mountain air. Just need net access and a phone and I am in biz, so I try to change the view out the window regularly :D

I head back soon, need to get ready to head to Patagonia and maybe catch a few of those silver fish before I leave.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Brandon, you should tie up a bunny fly and go for fox.
Jack, what weight rod for fox?

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Brandon - Really nice series. I look forward to getting back into photography next year and upgrading to a top-end Nikon. Our new place is called Fox Cove on family property with a current family of foxes and fox-ancestors that date back to the 1700s. I could never hunt them and feel the same way about racoons, having had one as a pet. Jim

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
rookie!!!!!!!!!!;-):D:eek2::pp;-)

Nice action shots!!! I cant tell from the pic's...what did the fox catch?? A white bunny or a large mouse...or a bird?? :confused:

BTW- at 30 deg out there, you should be fishing in SHORTS!!! It's a balmy 18 here in Easton!!!!...Winds @ 10-15mph

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Brandon, you should tie up a bunny fly and go for fox.
Jack, what weight rod for fox?
Phil, I like a 9" 8 wt with a weight foward floating line, 20# leader. The best fly that I've found is a rabbit hair mouse. Work the fence rows and on the take give them time to digest the mouse. It's great fun on a snowy cold winters day. Fox fight alright, but I find coyotes give a much better fight.:D

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Jack, looking to fish creeks and maybe even the main rivers. We will see. I like the mountain air. Just need net access and a phone and I am in biz, so I try to change the view out the window regularly
Brandon, Maybe you could get them to put some drift boat options on the new JB and you'd be in business on the Snake.

·
Premium Member
26,290 Posts
Nice shots :thumbup: - we got the cold here but no snow - yet.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts