Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually my first kayak trip of the year .Wasn't feeling great about the east wind yesterday afternoon but went anyway .Eastern Bay has so many small rockfish it's hard to catch anything else and I really wanted some perch.For the first hour or so I actually tried to get away from them then caught a 19" on the ultra light. After releasing that one...couldn't stretch it..my next cast caught a 14" speck. Both bit on the same spinner bait. So as the sun gets low..like 30 minutes before setting ,the perch move in .Seems like I can't catch a perch in the shallows during full daylight..I think the super clear water may be why ,although it doesn't seem to bother the rock .So the rock fish vacate and its perch on ..put some 11 inchers in the cooler and when I'm thinking of calling it I catch a bluefish. 4 species on an evening when I wasn't feeling too confident. Gotta love it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nice! Ive have also caught some nice perch in the 11" range on my Kayak! I kayak fish in the South River, caught a 18" pickeral the other day and many smaller perch.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Good for you in a Yak. That's a good night. You've caught a bigger rock than me for the past two weeks and I have a 200 Merc on the back of my Yak

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good for you in a Yak. That's a good night. You've caught a bigger rock than me for the past two weeks and I have a 200 Merc on the back of my Yak
yea..the only keeper rock I've caught lately was by trolling #15 Tony's in 10-20 ft.....and they were barely 20"!

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Sounds like a blast. Thanks for posting, and congrats!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts