Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eminent Brothers,
Greetings from the nether world !!! It was 5 degrees and windy yesterday morning when I went on my morning jog (that takes me past B-Faitfull's new Judge 27) But I made it OK and felt kinda spunky!!! But soon everything went to hell when the cleaning woman came for the SWMBO's favorate thing, the bi-weekly house cleaning. I know from experience to get out of Dodge, so; I just loaded up the Excursion with everything I might need for the day (hockey skates, fishing pole and some other essentials) and snuck out of the house like the manly man that I am. When he heard the Powerstroke crank up, son Bludworm got out of Dodge with me. We decided to skip the Obama visit to Baltimore and made our first stop at the Cape St Claire crabbing pier where I braved the cold to make a few casts to my favorate ( and only) Magothy Pickle hole. Believe it or not, I wasn't alone!!! There were 2 other kinderd souls out there with me....all Ravens fans too. Anyway I eventually stopped BS'ing long enough to pay some attention to my casts and got a hit. A couple casts (to the same spot) later I got my first Magothy Pickle of the year. Only about 17", but; a nasty little sucker. Now with my hands all wet and freezing I decided I had had enough and it was off for lunch, much to the glee of Bludworm. After lunch it it off to the Frame Shop to get Bludworm's signed ray lewis jersey. That was Bludworm's Christmas present from SWMBO, it cost $300 but I ended up having to pay another $300 for the frame....OUCH!! Then it was off to the ice rink to lace up for the first time this winter. I could hardly get my skates on let alone lace them up. Old age is a *****. It was scary out there with all those kids, but funny thing, I ran into sevaral MSSA/CCA members doing the same thing and we had some good BS going. Some dinner and back to the rink for the Navy hockey game...they lost in a shoot out. And then back home where the house was clean and WMBO was sleeping. Life can be good sometimes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Greymug, glad to hear you are alive and well. SWMBO has'nt done you in yet? Keep the news coming from Cape St. Clare you old scoundrel!

·
Premium Member
26,288 Posts
You must be watching a lot of fishing shows - the Pickerel did not draw blood :D.

Glad to see you are still fishing :clapping2: - love your reports :thumbup:.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Brother Greybeard, Good to see that SWMBO hasn't strung you up by the private parts in the wood shed out back and you're alive and well. Now I'm not much of a skater, but a pickerel on a 5 degree day is suely a very manly act that I can relate too. Thanks for letting know you're still alive. Hillbilly Jack

·
Registered
6,818 Posts
Who are you, and what have you done with the real Graymug? :eek:

Stop into ClassicParker sometime. Everyone thinks you left town and bought a bass boat or something. :38:

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Awesome report neighbor. give me a shout next time you go down as I would love to learn what it takes to catch those critters. Being that I grew up ocean fishing, i am not sure what tackle to even use!

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
With the report of Round Bay being frozen, how frozen is the Magothy?

Chris

·
Registered
227 Posts
Here ya' go....my first Pickerel this year from a few days ago. I normally launch at Deep Creek in CSC and head up towards magothy Seafood. From there a series of turns and different creeks that I can't name. :rolleyes:

I didn't have anything to measure it with, but that's a size 15 shoe holding him still so I could get a pic with my cell phone. Weighed 3 pounds, 5 ounces.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts