Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing with my buddy James off Breezy Pt, I caught a tagged fish last week. Unfortunately, most of the writing was worn off. The fishing was slow that morning so we kept the fish-but measured and weighed it. Here is a picture of the tag. Does anyone have any ideas? Of course, only the word REWARD is still visible but no phone number or additional info. Thanks for any help or advice.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Its Diamond Jim :eek2:,just kidding,that would suck catching him after its to late.Did you do a search on the board to see any one posted something similar?

·
Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com
1,109 Posts
It looks like a Virginia TAG
Mine read REWARD PH 1-800-448-8322... and the Tag Number... On the other side it said something about cut off tag and release fish if the fish is undersized...

Call the number give them the info on where it was caught, general size, date etc... They will send you a hat. Kinda cool... There should also be a serial number of the fish on the tag...Is that worn off too ?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Mine was worn off, too. The info is on the tag under the skin of the fish as well and though small, was intact.

But, as you caught it last week, it's not likely you still have the carcass.

It looks pink, will be US Fish and Wildlife tagged. You'll get a hat and a certificate.

·
Registered
223 Posts
We also scooped up a tagged fish last year. Call the # and got the hat. Cut the tag as fish was out of season. Was informed that the fish #'s were also inside the fish on the butt end of the tag. FYI when making dinner outta your next catch take a second to look for the internal button that remains after external tag has been removed. Still worth research info. Kinda cool that I catched a fish in the potomac river near the W.W. bridge that was tagged in the ocean off N.C. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Yes, I think its kinda cool to catch a tagged fish too! In all the years I've been fishing I never have got one with a tag. WTG with the reply on the phone number Mike. Let us know if you get something for reporting it.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I caught a seabass with a 100$ reward tag a few years back. I called and relayed the info, then donated the 100$ back to the research.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
You may want to talk with Skip Z. When we were out this summer his son Tyler caught a tagged striper out of Va. Skip phoned around and got the info. It will be on this board with the topic, One happy TF'er... Good luck, it looks like Diamond Jim to me. Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts