Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
If anyone needs someone to fill out a charter from the 28th through the 2nd I am available.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
We plan to be down there Sat & Sunday....We'll be following JP around!!!! ;-):D:eek:
Andy, I told JP we are going to be in the stealth mood, but just look for an orange jacket you know who will have that on. :D Looking forward to seeing you, Beth, and Grif see you Saturday…See you also Mike and I sure hope that Kimbro guys not coming along, we will never catch any fish if he's in the area. :D

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Steve - are you trailering your boat down there?

Dad and I are booked with Walleye Pete on saturday. Will be trailering my boat down with us and fishing again on Sunday if the weather holds up.

Staying at Kipto Fri/Sat

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
I am quite anxious to get back also. The temps of 42 - 43 today have me a little concerned. The coldest I have caught them down there was 39 degrees surface temp and it was not fast that day. Hopefully we will get some warmer weather soon. The Susky Flats is frozen over according to a guy who lives there.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Hey Bill -

I was thinking the same thing. They are predicting weather down there in the 50's for the rest of the week. I hope it stays good through the end of January!!!

-Mike

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Mike, I'll be fishing in JP boat this time and I hope to get back down there next week (Wednesday) with mine. I'll see you down there and if you don't have my cell here it is. 240-486-0007

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I'm hoping to get the Starcraft down there sometime in the next month or so, I've got a holiday from the office for about 2 months(hopefully no longer), so if the weather cooperates, I'll be around.
Pat in Joppa

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
If you've never fished there the week between Christmas and New Years, just be be prepared for large crowds at the Kiptopeke ramp. By large I'm talking 30 trucks in line at 7 in the morning and parking out by the pay station. When I'm there at that time I try to be at the ramp about 5. Everyone enjoy and be safe. Fishing is usually great that week.:thumbup:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am quite anxious to get back also. The temps of 42 - 43 today have me a little concerned. The coldest I have caught them down there was 39 degrees surface temp and it was not fast that day. Hopefully we will get some warmer weather soon. The Susky Flats is frozen over according to a guy who lives there.
Wild Bill - Hopefully we'll pick up a few degrees in water temp, but on the other hand I fished Raritan Bay & Sandy Hook New Jersey the Friday & Saturday after Thanksgiving when those water temps where 41 - 43 F and had some of my best rock action to date.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Regarding water temp - check out the pic below from the best day I've ever had at CBBT. We almost didn't go because the magic "42 degrees" had been long since been passed. We ended up slaying the fish that day, with dozens of fish over 35 inches and the largest being 42 inches... all on 10" BKDs under birds.

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Regarding water temp - check out the pic below from the best day I've ever had at CBBT. We almost didn't go because the magic "42 degrees" had been long since been passed. We ended up slaying the fish that day, with dozens of fish over 35 inches and the largest being 42 inches... all on 10" BKDs under birds.
Josh-

It is a little like the full moon jinx with stripers. Brandon and I had a great trip last year on full moon at the CBBT, but full moon has made for some unusually tough fishing on other trips. Chuck and I caught on 39 degrees last year too, but on other attempts the fishing was slow to non existent. If I had my choice, I would stay away from low temps and full moon. On the other hand, if it is time to go fishing we go and hope for the best.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Like said above, this is a very good weekend to go but everyone else thinks so too.

Va board is reporting lots of fish all the way down to the NC border too. NOw the weekend after New Years will leave the CBBT vacant for some awesome light tackle catch and release.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Like said above, this is a very good weekend to go but everyone else thinks so too.

Va board is reporting lots of fish all the way down to the NC border too. NOw the weekend after New Years will leave the CBBT vacant for some awesome light tackle catch and release.
:yes: Exactly. Can't wait.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts