Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of us are Heading to the CBBT next Sunday evening, Monday and Tuesday This is our first trip. questions

Plan on eeling and casting and hopfully some birds.
About how many eels should we take with us. We can get them at Gander Mountain for $1.25. It will be three of us.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Chris's B & T sells them. I don't know how much. $1.25 seems like a good price. I like the big ones. they are hardy critters; keep them in a plastic bag on ice. Easier to put on a hook when they're cold but they come back to life quickly once dunked in the bay. I use a towel to hold them. Don't keep them in water or they might drown.
A dozen a day ought to hold you but you guys could go through more if the bite is good.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
That depends?

I'm heading down on Monday for the week.. Where are you guys planning to eel? If you're in w/the dogs.. then you'll need more e.g. by the bridge.

?'s How many rods?

Eels are hardy and often times you'll land a fish that won't take the eel..

Keep'em lively tho.. if they are not swimming when they hit the water and the fishing is slow, swap'em out..

You guys fishing the HI rise @ nite?

2 doz and suppliement the rest locally would be my guess.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
At $1.25 each, you should stock up and sell them down here!!! I would have at least 12 per day...........GOOD LUCK.....FISH NIGHT TIME TOO!!! BOBBERS with baits down 12-15'..........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts