Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and Benny drove down to Kiptopeake Sat night to fish with Westie(Chris) on Sun and JohnnyO on Mon. Got some eels at Chris's and headed out to Plantation Light at 7:00 and drifted eels till 1:00 with out a bite. Pulled lines and ran to the bridge to catch a limit of nice fish in the 27" range. Me, Benny and Chris:

Monday we headed out for another try and drifted bouy #18. Benny took the first bite and pulled in his personal best. The fish was 46" long with a girth of 26 1/2". :clapping2::thumbup:.

Johnny had to help Benny hold the fish up sideways in this picture;:D

We had another bite that didn't come tight and decided to run to the bridge again because this was gona be a short day. Finished our limit again on the same grade fish as Sunday.
Fish'n wasn't so spectacular for us as the eel bite was way off and we only found a steady pick at the bridge but anytime I can fish this area, its a real treat. My fishing buddy's were all first rate and I enjoyed see'n all the TF'ers at the Inn, Stingrays, and on the water. Congradulations Benny on your new PB.........................

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Thanks for the report and pix Leon ,I'm sure the fishing will only get better down there,looks like you guys had nice WX also.

Congrats to Benny on his PB:bigfish:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Fishin

Catman,

I believe those fsih were almost big enough to pull that 19' Cat down./.........:D:D Good fishin and thanks for the report.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Nice work. I'm glad to see that hand is back in action after that hook. Nice work Benny and congrats. Powder

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Fishing

Leon
I am sorry we could not catch up to you guys this weekend. This weekend the fishing was slow for CBBT. :nono:We did not Fish Tuesday due rain and high winds.:mad:Benny congratulations on the nice fish.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Nice goin' guys....leaving in about 40 minutes to head down there.........

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Thanks for the report and pic's Leon and boy did you have a crew with you. Congrats to Benny on his personal best that is a nice one :thumbup:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hey Guys Thanks for all the Congrates it is a good but yet bad feeling getting a new personal best now ya gotta get the next personal best LOL :bigfish::clap::clap:
and Leon thanks again for a great trip
and Chris it was great meeting and fishing with you
And Johnny Thanks for putting the boat in the right spot to catch that nice fish :clap: and was also great meeting nad fishing with you too

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks

Wow, thats a fish! Congrats to Benny! I want to thank you for a great time Sunday Leon. I was good meeting you all and I am sorry I missed the big one on Monday!

Chris

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Nice Photos

Thanks again for letting me ride on Monday! That Cat runs smooth for its size. Hope you had a good ride home and got in before midnight:D Johnny O

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Thanks for the report, Leon....glad you had a good time. I still have fond memories of our CBBT trip a year ago, which will have to do since I don't see having time to get down there this year. The pics help me relive the experience, though!

·
Premium Member
26,231 Posts
Sweet fish :clapping2::clapping2:. Looks like Benny got an early Christmas present :thumbup:.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Leon, Nice report and pictures. Too bad the eeling bite wasn't better, but congrats to Benny on his best. Weathers not looking good for this weekend, so you may not be missing much.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts