Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

FYI, when I crossed the CBBT today at around 4pm the area from 9' shoal to the 4th Island was packed full of birds working. I have to believe fish were there along with the birds. We'll see tomorrow!!!!!! Take care......

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Sounds great,good luck, but I don't think your a person that needs it;)Hope to see a report tomorrow.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brother,
Wow, it was about 25 degrees around these here parts. I sure hope it's warmer for you guys down south

·
Premium Member
26,184 Posts
Surprised you didn't lift the hood-pretending to be broken down-and make at least one cast.:p Hope you get into them. Skip

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Hey Pete-

Not only that but the temps from Tues on in VA Beach are in the high 50's and low 60's. Think I may have to do a little "deep dropping" with the long rod on those stripers.;)

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
The water temp website that I use has CBBT at *44....Va Beach at *51 .....can't be right....isn't *42 the temp that usually moves'em South?

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
The water temp website that I use has CBBT at *44....Va Beach at *51 .....can't be right....isn't *42 the temp that usually moves'em South?
It's the third week in February and the northward push is on. Lust over rules everything from here on out.

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Jamie-

I have noticed that the CBBT temps reported are a couple degrees warmer than what most guys get when down there at the surface. I wonder if the CBBT sensor is down under the water a ways. Guys who have fished around the CBBT lately say the fish are small at the bridge. If anyone can find larger fish, it is Pete. There have been some interesting reports on the VA board as far north as OC, at 4A, off the Ramada and at Corolla. There also have been some skunks lately. There are definitely fish north of OI. The Poacher is still fishing north.

Hope to get down next week and give them a look. There are also reports of huge bird action just outside the 3 mile line (Caton). Hopefully the mild temps next week will bring them back inside.

If anyone is thinking about fishing out of Rudee next week, give me a shout.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Thanks Bill...been watching the reports and water temps...would love to do a 1 day trip next Wed but it is doubtful unless I see something really good........

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Pete if I wasn't leaving for Florida again this week I would be down there myself. I never had a weather window my last two trips between Florida and Va. That was the plan but the Weatherman let me down. Catch em up!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts