Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jigged the CBBT on my boat solo today. I only caught a few fish around 20"/25" on the pilings, I lost one that was probally around 30". I was hoping to see some birds but didn't. I was planing on a 4 day trip but I came home early because its supposed to be a little rough the next couple days, I may have stayed if the fishing was better. I hung out at the ramp for a while and there were some people that got some nice fish eeling at the highrise, one guy caught a 47"

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Nice seeing you down there Zam. Right after I spoke w/you on the phone I saw you on the bay side of the pilings right behind us! The combination of current, wind & waves made it a little tricky weaving that 2520 Parker around the pilings!
We ended up with about 40 unders today but johnny got a 40 incher about 2:30pm on a BA and he let it go since we already had our limit. Called it a day at 3pm and headed in to pack up, clean the fish and drive on home.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My boat handled it pretty good, but that area is definitely better suited for a larger boat. It my have been to rough with two people on my boat, and fishing the pilings can be pretty hard with just one person the way the tide was ripping. I did start to get a nice system down where I was catching them on almost every drift for a while, but then it started getting rougher and I really didn't want to work to hard for them so I started exploring different spots with no luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts