Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out of Bubbas at 6 and went to a little hole between the 4th and the high rise. First fish was within 3 minutes of putting the lines out on a bottom rod, then it was mayhem we were constantly hooked up. Most fish were between 27 and 36 inches, but we did scrape out a couple of fish in the lower to mid 40's range. This was a special trip because my Dad doesn get a chance to fish with me, which is hard for me to understand considering I fish 4 days a week. Crew was my Dad, his buddy Bruce, Rudy, his buddy Jay, and myself. Final tally was 4 fish over 36", 2 of which are over 40 but no exact weights as of now, and 6 fish between 27 and 28". We caught many many more, and released quite a few fish in the high 30's but Im not going to throw back a bleeding fish just so I can keep a spot open to kill a bigger fish. If its bleeding, its in the box as long as its legal. We caught most all fish eeling, but we switched over to casting and probably caught 20 more fish, definately smaller fish while casting, but tons of fun!

Rudy with a blury fish

Bruce with one of his first stripers, this was his first striper trip ever!

Jay with a couple of blurry fish...

Final tally

Does anyone have Sony Cyber-shot? The number on it says DSC-S780. I cant figure this thing out. The pictures no matter what setting I have it on all come out blurry at night. Its very frustrating and Im almost ready to give up on it...

Capt_Ben
Above Average Sportfishing

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
thanks for the call, by the time I got/realized it was too late to call you back~

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very nice, this weekend will be our first shot at stripers at the cbbt. I hope we do as well as you. Thanks for the report.

Don C

·
Registered
649 Posts
Does anyone have Sony Cyber-shot? The number on it says DSC-S780. I cant figure this thing out. The pictures no matter what setting I have it on all come out blurry at night. Its very frustrating and Im almost ready to give up on it...

Capt_Ben
Great report. I have a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC W7. At night I set it on the cresent moon symbol and it seems to produce very useable photos, if I can keep it steady. If you're getting blurred pics when on tera firma the camera is fecked. The problem with these digitals is the cost of repairs is so high you're better off using it as a 4 oz weight and buying a new cheap one.

G

·
Lucky you didn't get stopped for the illegal fish. If there were 5 people onboard and six of your fish were under 28" then one of them was illegal. Thefour fish over 34" were fine to keep. Just an FYI so you dont donate money to the state. On another note - wtg!!!!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Nice job ben and crew!!!

:popcorn:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yeah I have a Sony Cybershot and had the same problem. I thought my camera was whacked not long after I bought it. However it was something really simple. I cant remember what exactly I had to do but I'm thinking it was a setting on the silver spin button under the menu button. The problem lies in that area. Mess with it you can get it to work good I did. Ill see if I can remeber exactly what it was. My pics were looking like I was running with the camera when shooting:D.

Sounds like a fast paced trip you had there! Good Job. Let me know if you get it fixed it is a good camera as I have had mine on quite a few escapades:yes:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Lucky you didn't get stopped for the illegal fish. If there were 5 people onboard and six of your fish were under 28" then one of them was illegal. Thefour fish over 34" were fine to keep. Just an FYI so you dont donate money to the state. On another note - wtg!!!!
Maybe I am ignorant or I am just trying to get my post count up :D but I have no idea how you came up with that assumption. With 5 people Four over 34" would allow you to have 6 under 28" in the bay on my boat or on the bay in my boat.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
John,
Thanks for the concern with the legality. The fish were all legal. I spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much time on the water to attempt an illegal move. Thank you for lookin out for me though :thumbup:

As for the camera...P.O.S. still acted stupid tonight. Guess Im gonna have to open that little book that came with it...ya know...the MANUAL....guys dont look down on me, I'll go to counseling after i get done reading the directions I swear...

Capt_Ben

1 - 20 of 21 Posts