Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't fished for flounder in several years, but I made some good cobia belly baits from the last few cobia I've kept and would like to give it a shot for a little while at the CBBT tomorrow. All of my experience is from fishing at 42 and the cell when I used to live in Deltaville and I've never flounder fished at the bridge tunnel before. Is the preferred method at the CBBT drifting the spines of the tunnels? Any tips on the tide? I'm going down there to target sheeps and spades, but I'd like to try for the flatties for a little while too while we're there. Any info is greatly appreciated. Tight lines!

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Tomorrow is looking pretty good, I plan to get out with my new/used Proline looking for spanish.
I don't have much knowledge of fishing that area but wanted to wish you luck and hope you post results.
(I'm ex Deltaville guy too)
30+yrs ago I used to do great on outgoing tide fishing thimble shoal channel , sorry I can't be more precise been a long time.
Had a good area around highrise maybe others here will give some tips.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I can tell you where not to go but not where to go. Wish I did. Last year I had luck but so far not this year. I must be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Saturday around 930 am thru 200 pm I went to the sea side 3rd island, drifted and did not catch any or see anyone catch either. Incoming tide. Went to the bay side of the 4th and drifted to the bay side. Saw only 1 boat catch some on their drift, we did catch a bunch of oyster toads.

Tides, winds and waves were not real cooperative. good luck

Oh yeah, I used green and also white gulp 4 and or 5" swimming mullet on flounder rigs, also green or white and or pink. started with 4 oz and worked up to 8 oz sinkers. 20 - 40 lb braid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts