Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm sure this question has been asked before. With all the reports from all the TFers catching at the CBBT. I have not read any from people fishing from a head boat. Is there a head boat there, where exactly is it, how much $, What are the people like that run it and what do they usually target? I have seen large boats that could have been head boats while driving to Hatteras.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
The Jil Carrie's running either in the bay or the ocean. Where ever the fish are.
Capt

here's mail Jil sent.

I hope I am doing this right? Jim said to open walk-on dates if the ones he had filled. So here goes--I am opening up December 26th and December 28th for some walkons. We must have 10 people to go. Email me or call me (252)336-4296, if you want to sign up. I need a number of people in the party and a good number in case of bad weather to reach you. Jim will be your captain. Thanks, Jil
And:

Since the prior 2 walkons have filled up, Jim has asked me to open 12/31 (New Years Eve) for Rockfishing. It is $80 per person. The boat leaves Long Bay Pointe. Time will be determined later, depending how far the fish are. Jil

Call Jimmy. Their fishing.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
There seem to be plenty of guides carrying 4 or so anglers, but not many boats offering service to individuals. Jim is about the only one I have heard of that's offering walk-ons, but then again I'm no authority on CBBT.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Don't take it personally if someone doesn't reply to your post at 9:00PM within 90 minutes!

I'm sorry I don't know the answer, but I have seen what appeared to be head boats down there in the past. Either that or they were really large parties on really large charter boats.

How many people are in your crew?

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
There are I just don't know the names. Try the fishing center at Rudee Inlet and Lynnhaven Inlet. I think some even come out of the James River somewhere. I've seen them anchor near the CBBT and let everyone on board cast bucktails and such for schoolies.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
google (long bay pointe marina) links on there to the head boats,not sure that they run in the winter for rockfish,some might do a long range deep drop trip..

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
There was a pamphlet near the desk at Kipto Inn this weekend that had what looked to be a headboat running out of Cherrystone Campground. It said charter, but it was a boat that could have accomodated a dozen people easily. Sorry I forget the name.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
We were out on a couple of snotty days and the only other boat I saw was Jil Carrie. At one time we were both jigging over the tube near 2nd and looked like everyone on the boat was hooked up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts