Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The haze grey folks are moving me to NOB and I want to start preparing now. I'm pretty well set for the Upper and Middle Ches (Annapolis and NASPAX) and Potomac. Anything specific for the CBBT, never tried it. If I shed a few pounds I might not have to get new dry wear [tongue].

·
Registered
575 Posts
For November striper at CBBT bring all your worst tackle and a blindfold to make it challenging. They will be everywhere, I can't wait! Seriously, you are coming to the right place. HRBT is good too. December is even better because there will be less lunatic boaters out.

Tom

·
Registered
284 Posts
If you fly fish it is awesome, if you don't and have ever wanted to there is no better time or place to get into it. You can actually spend a whole night on the water trying to find a fly that they won't hit, cast with the wrong hand, tie one hand behind your back, use a broomstick with a flyline(or rope) tied to it and go out and catch stipers until you are sick of them.
Chad

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was able to fish the bridge throughout the fall into winter. If I recall, the best two nights I had out there were in Sept. The best times at the HRBT were Nov into Dec. At the HrBT, as soon as the tide started to go out, it was on.

greg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[excited] Thanks all!! Since I'm going to be a bachelor down there you can expect to see a blue T160 on the water frequently during the week.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OUTSTANDING my yak is set for the night, if you all don't mind and when the time gets closer I would like to "hook-up" with you.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hooking a striper on the fly from a kayak is easy, sometimes they like it better than a jig. Casting, what to do with the line, landing the fish, changing flies, that stuff is not easy compared to using spinning tackle. Catching fish on the fly from a boat in the light line is cake. If I'm doing it from the yak, I'll anchor alot of times so the fly can drift into the light better. I think overall I prefer a spinning rod from the yak but the flyrod will come with me if going for striper. I may not break it out until I have my limit thought!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts