Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A heat wave is upon us and it's about to settle in over our favorite winter time fishing hole. By the sounds of the reports the fishing has been slow, the water temp is below 42 and the fish have moved off. But just when we think it's over..... This could be the grand finale this week and weekend. If those temps forecasted are accurate I'm sure it will suck some of those beloved stripers closer to shore and the bite will be red hot once again.

I'm praying to the fish gods and the gods of free time to somehow find the time or the opportunity to head down south this week/weekend. Even if it's just for one of those suicide 16 hour trips, I think "we could be heroes". The gannets are calling us all.

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
ST-

Brandon and I are seriously thinking about Wed-Thurs-Fri this week. The temps are great but the wind and wind direction are giving us some pause at the moment. Decision time is near. I think we will be able to find fish if we go. We would most likely fish out of Rudee.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Salmo, would love to. Going to Tiefest though. Let's think about a March trip. Made a video of our trip in Dec and the other one I took in Jan. Came out very nice I think.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
245 Posts
Salmo,
Your appealling to the cabin fever in all of us. TieFest is a not miss on my calendar, but I am watching the winds for an end of week run

Anybody catching donw there?

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Chris-

We bailed on this week. The only window I see is Thurs morning and sometimes it takes a while to run to the fish. Just not worth it for long distance fishermen. If I was down there I would probably give it a look Thurs AM.

I may go to the tiefest unless a Sun-Mon-Tues window opens at VA Beach.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts