Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trailer issues yesterday so we only got in two hours of fishing but found fish to jig. Tried eeling a little after dark near High Rise but no strikes and got impatient after 30 minutes of just sitting there. Screw that.

Awoke to 30 MPH wind gusts this morning so went back to bed and got on the water about 11:00. Saw two other boats all day at the bridge. Lots of birds, fish, gannets diving. We counted every fish and finished at dark with exactly 80 including 8 slots, no overs. Lots of pullage but was really hoping for bigger fish. Found trouble this evening when we tried to load the boat on the far left side of the Kiptopeake ramp and hit sand. Locked the lower unit in reverse and it wouldn't budge. Thought we were done but turned out to be a linkage issue. Whew. Noticed another problem while working on that. Spraying water very slightly from behind the riser somewhere. Looks like its been doing it for a while so going to try tomorrow anyway. We'll see how it goes. Sure hope that's a gasket and not the block. Will post pictures later when we have more time.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
That left side as you know now is NOT GOOD!.....
Will be seeing you in a couple hours...looking forward to some carnage.....:thumbup:
Prolly gonna stop in Stingrays for some Sweet potato biscuits and Ham....

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Doesn't sound like a bad day, 80 fish in a short day is pretty good to me. I learned to keep away from the left side my last trip down too. Hard to load a boat when one side of the trailer is 6" higher then the other.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
As jumbo pointed out... it's worth waiting for the right side to open up, or even in the middle if you're comfortable driving it on. Or check out wise ramp - in my humble opinion it's a better ramp given the shorter run.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Shawn- sounds like a good start for ya. I didn't see any work'n birds the two days I was there cept for when we were trailer'n at night on the way down across the bridge. That was one heck ofa full moon..........:yes:

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Shawn,

Glad to hear you got on some fish! Hopefully the mechanical issues are all small and nothing to worry about!!! Hopefully you will find some bigger fish today!!!

Mark

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Shawn,

Glad to hear you got on some fish! Hopefully the mechanical issues are all small and nothing to worry about!!! Hopefully you will find some bigger fish today!!!

Mark
Yep, mechanical issues left ot themselves always get better. Sorry, I'd take a serious look before I went out, but maybe he has a kicker.:helpsmilie:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts