Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran out to the 4th island this afternoon with some of my wife's family from Delaware to try an put them on some stripers. We did not see any bird action on the way out so decided to wire line the 4th tube on the outgoing tide. Hooked up with a nice fat 28 inch fish immediately and proceeded to bail them steadily until the tide quit running. Had one pass with four fish (fishing only 2 lines) all at 30 inches. There must have been a school of 28-32 inch fish because we caught at least 15 in the slot as well as lots below the slot. Biggest was 32 inches. Also caught 3 more 30 inch fish casting storms to the pilings near the 12 mile marker. Saw a bunch of birds working off the 4th at dusk (bay side). The water was alive with menhaden and fish rolling. We tried everything in the box, but could not coax a bite, only managed to snag a few menhaden. All in all a great day on the water. Will give it a shot again tomorrow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the report. Glad you got into 'em.. I did ok about 2 mis. north of Bluefish Rock on Monday with 3 under the slot and one 40 inch. Got the 40 inch on a small storm.

Chris N
"Big Minnow"

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
that's a good run WTG.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
22 boats at the end of the Island yesterday.....in the middle of the week ! Every boat got fish !

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice Report. Thanks for a few details. I've seen plenty of pictures of fish. I'm interested in what worked and what didn't. I don't need coordinates.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts