Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUst a quick question. I went down last yer after reading a bunch of the post and had a ball. When does it kick off? A round the bout time would work I have to start putting my leave in at work.:fishing2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
It's all about water temp. From what I understand it's still too warm. Keep an eye on the Va Board for reports. One of the guys on there recommends things start heating up real good when water temps get into the mid 50's. HTH

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
They are there everyday of the year.

The migratory stocks peak from December - January.

We like to go the first or second weekend of December for our long trip each year, but in recent years the fishing has been better in late December/January.

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Look for water temperatures at the CBBT and Kiptopeke or Cape Charles to reach around 55-58 degrees, once you see that the bigger fish should start moving in. From what I saw up north, there are still a ton of fish up there.

Brandon

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I have an idea for what I think could be a successful website. I'd do it myself but there's only so much time in the day. It would be an interactive map of the east coast that looks sort of like one of those lightning strike weather maps except the "strikes" would be migratory rock catches. It would make it easier to track the schools.

My first trip to the CBBT was 11/17 last year. We caught some good fish and still some redfish around, but we were very early in the migration. Nothing like it was mid-January.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the replies the kid in the picture is my son and he is itching to go down again and catch bigger fish then his old man. I will keep a eye on the water temp and watch the virginia board.

·
Tidal Fish Commercial Subscriber - I support Tidal
4,747 Posts
Tom Hughes Guide Service
410.744.2351 OfficeFull Time443.690.3164 Boat
Fly & Light Tackle Fishing Guide
BoatDad: I'll starting guiding at the CBBT around the 3rd week of November. There are some big stripers available, along with puppy drum, and seatrout. In the months of December and January the number of large striped bass increase.

Just make sure to go when you can........what a fish magnet.

This video was taken by Shawn Kimbro (thanks buddy) and you'll see a few big stripers no pictured caught in November 2007.

Capt. Tom Hughes
Now Booking Summer, Fall, & CBBT Trips

1 - 8 of 8 Posts