Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday, Left the house at 3 am with my brother, Mike, and Raymon and make good time to Chris Bait and Tackle. Grab some ice and hook up the boat and we're off to the ramp. A quick launch at 7:05 am and we're fishing by 7:15 am a little north of 18. First fish on with in 15 minutes; it's a nice 42" 36lber. A couple more drifts and we head out to Nautilus shoal based on a phone call. We missed the bite and there are a ton of boats running in every direction:confused:, :nono:no way to fish with bobbers in that mess. Pack the eels away and head to bridge to mess with schoolies. Man that is fun:clapping2:; I would rather catch schoolies on lite tackle then those big pigs on bobbers. We head back to ramp right at dark; pull the boat and head to stingrays for dinner. Dinner is great!!!

Sunday, 6:30 we arrive at the ramp and get in line; just in time to get last parking spot. Head over to 18 for a drift; 5 minutes later we land a 40"er. One more drift and we head to the bridge for more schoolie action. Next trip, I'm skipping the whole eeling thing and having fun with the LTJ. Plenty of fish around the pilings and tunnel and most guys fishing the bridge have more sense :thumbup: then those crazy eelers running through boats like their qualifying for indy:eek:. Pull the boat at 3 pm; pull in the driveway at 6:48, clean the fish, grab a brew and sit down to watch the Ravens lose the game in the last minute.:wacko::wacko:. Tight lines and be safe out there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
they didnt lose that game in the last minute! steelers were setting them up for that the whole game (they have done it many times this year). :clapping2:

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I agree on the eeling - man that method is more complicated than it seems. At least you picked up a few trophies for your efforts.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I would rather catch schoolies on lite tackle then those big pigs on bobbers.
Thats for sure. Quit fishing with bobbers when I was 10. Sit all day waiting for a couple of fish or constantly catch schoolies with a good shot at a few decent ones thrown in? I''ll take constant action any day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts