Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran down Friday night with my brother and plans to LTJ the Saturday and Sunday. Plans changed with todays blow so ran home last night. Knew it was going to be a good day when we started catching before we woke up. Got a nice 3" mouse in the trap at the Kiptopeke Inn. :eek2: Got to the ramp early and to the 4th Island before sunrise to beat the crowds. Started catching right away right at the western point and over the tube. Very steady pick of 22"-28" fish. Moved to the pilings once the crowd really got bad. I will say one thing. That place can really turn into a zoo on a weekend. Did about the same at the pilings east of the 4th. Then decided to run out and look for some birds. Not a whole lot going on so ran back to the bridge. About the time we get back see birds working about where we came from. Made the run but so did everyone else in sight. The 50 boats running over the fish had a tendency to put the fish down and fighting the crowd got to be a pain pretty quick. Did get some nice fish out of these and a few over 30". After the birds and boats broke up at one point we were just looking around and started making alot of fish southwest of the Highrise in 20' of water away from the crowd. Steadily caught fish between 26"--32". Then I was rewarded with the big fish of the day. Hooked up a nice 42" beast that was released to grow some more. :thumbup: Best ever down there. You know you had a good day when your sore from catching. Caught over 100 fish between the two of us with the 10" BKD to be the hot ticket of the day especially the yellow wih black back (not sure the real name). Ended the day at the line to exit at the ramp. Waited over an hour to pull the boat. One warning the right side of the ramp (from shore) must have a build of sand causing it to be unlevel by about 8". :eek: Had a hell of a time getting loaded right with others having difficulties too. All in all a great trip, just too short.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We had the same kind of day. My first trip Saturday but with an experienced capt. thankfully. His first tip was the right side of the ramp. Saw a guy try to load four times. Wasted a lot of everybodys time.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
thanks for the rpt.
:clapping2::D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Very encouraging. I'm leaving for CBBT at 3:30 today. We'll launch the boat first thing in the morning. I hope to have a favorable report and perhaps a picture of a monster on the board early next week.

Thanks!

John on the Bay
22.5 Grady
Day of Leisure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts