Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greg and I are doing the CBBT tommorrow morning for some flounder. I haven't talked to him yet but my plan is to meet at Seaview at 5 AM. We can probably avoid the crowds if we get in and get out by 10am. The weather should be perfect, if not we can go try the Lesner Bridge. Anyone else who wants to go, meet us at Seaview or call me. My cell # is 328-9943.

Tom

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Greg and I are still going to meet at 5am, only change of plans is we are meeting at Alexander's instead of Seaview. See you there if you can make it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tom,

Sorry couldn't make it this morning. Planning on trying one of the bridge tunnels early tomorrow morning, although maybe not quite as early as 5 am. So, how was it? Hope you did well. I'll be glad to take the answer off line (B-mail if you like). And, did you park at Alexander'S? What's the deal about that?

Ralph

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DON'T PARK AT ALEXANDER'S. When we got back the beach was packed and the guy said we were lucky he didn't have us towed. However, he was very polite and I paid him the $5 he was charging for parking and everything was cool. Park at Seaview if you can.

As far as the fishing went it was ok but a little slow. I caught 6 or 8 stripers on minnows and so did Greg. He got a big, fat 26" one that he gave to me to take home. We each got a few short flounder and I got one keeper at 17". The tide didn't go slack until we were about to leave so we may have missed the bite.

I'm still glad we went where we did because there were only a few other boats at the small boat channel and Lynnhaven or HRBT would have been a zoo.

Ralph, good luck if you go, slack low this morning was about 11:30.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Tom,
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll hit HRBT around 6:00 am and hunt some flounder on the outgoing tide. Hopefully I'll be out there earlier than most of the fair weather boaters. At this point (holiday weekend), I think I'd rather share the water with the boaters than wrangle for parking and a place to launch and land the yak with the beachgoers.

Ralph

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think the guy was mad at first because of the way we parked. I should have known better. Next time I'll park at the very end. I too, paid him five bucks and by then he had cooled down quite a bit and he even complimented us on the fish we caught. I guess it was just the wrong weekend to park there- that beach was packed. We drew alot of curious looks as we rode the surf into the beach. I didnt think Chick's beach was such an attraction, why not just go to the ocean front where there is more of a "beach atmosphere"? Anyway, it was a nice morning to be fishing.

BTW, Tom, do you have one of those air pumps that keep the minnows alive for an extended period?

greg

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Greg,

No, I just use the yellow one with holes in it that you put in the water when you aren't paddling. I keep it attached to the side of my boat in Portsmouth. Someone will probably steal it sooner or later but they only cost $6. I have a 5 gallon bucket deal that I rigged up last year to keep baby spot and croaker in. That sits in the water also.

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts