Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These guys are having an awesome season on cobia, flounder have arrived in good numbers, spanish at Cape Henry, add to that some tasty croakers, red drum at Fisherman's Island and it is game on.

The winter fishery may have died, but I always liked the summer fishery better.

Looks like a field trip is in order...

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
This hot weather will bring tarpon into the islands and cuts too. Tons of sharks, big ones and they will hit artificial too. Flies even. But the green flies might bite a little harder.

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
CApt Nick has been down already and planning additional trips. Look for his threads...

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Today I will fish for Tarpon Jacks and Snook in close to the beach, they are in thick now. Later we will go out a few miles and hit the Cobia, bonita, kingfish and maybe a sail or two. We will finish up with muttons and other snappers.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Today I will fish for Tarpon Jacks and Snook in close to the beach, they are in thick now. Later we will go out a few miles and hit the Cobia, bonita, kingfish and maybe a sail or two. We will finish up with muttons and other snappers.
But that is Florida - we are stuck here in this cesspool !!!

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
339 Posts
We need pictures Steve!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am heading down to Fort Story next weekend in search of red and black drum. I am also interested in flounder and anything else that is biting in the surf. Any suggestions on what bait to bring? We are already bringing peelers for the drum. And I was thinking squid and BW's.

Mike

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
WIno: What part of FL?
Palm Beach, we fish as far north as Stuart and south to Boynton or across the stream to West end in the Bahamas a big 54 miles. A long ride down here is 10 miles out 1500 ft. Most fish are caught within 3 miles of shore. On some days the gulfstream will get within 3 or 4 miles of shore the closest in the U.S.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts