Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summer vacation is at the OBX this year. I have 25 Bertram that I want to trailer down if possible. The beam is 10' mid and 8'11" at the transom. Can I trailer on the CBBT. Will I need a special permit at the tunnel? I know I will have to have an oversize trailer permit for the road.
Advice is needed.

Thnaks in advance,

Mark

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just so you know, to get the required permit for being overwidth you should contact VDOT hauling permit office at 804 786 3496, I know chesapeake has gotten really tight lately with trailers, whether it be oversize or overweight, they have a team dedicated just for this, they usually focus on overweight but they'll get yah for overwidth too, it's way easier to get a 12 dollar permit then to recieve an invitation to the circus(court) and waste all that time sitting through the proceedings only to have to pay 20 times what the permit would have cost. I hope this helps and just my .02
Monty

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. I will definitely get a permit. No way to start vacation!!!!!!

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.