Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
[sad]
I have to take my ASE tests on tues and thurs.........four hour test times each night.....'sigh' Have fun, i will be wishin i was fishin!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've got the gear loaded but am batting around Owls creek or Lynnhaven...so many choices. Any flounder reports around CBBT?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It don't matter Rick, once you get there with your MirrOlures, the flounder will follow. I plan to head straight for the jetty at Little Creek (on the border of the base) and fish for flounder/croaker/trout/great white shark. Then hit the bridge when the lights go down. I agree, Lynnhaven looks good, too. But with only a couple hours of light after work, I think I'll head to the bridge and look for those little striped ones in the lights. Save Lynnhaven for a windy day.

Ohhh, gotta edit this post. Just checked the P&S site. Looks like Lynn is hittin'. I had other intelligence confirming the same. Already got a crew coming to CBBT tonight. Might try Lesner tomorrow. So many fish so little time! I love it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ric did you go ? Rick C and I made the OC run last night with decent results with Blues and Specks, no Greys, left them biting at sundown. The bait was thick in the back of Rudee for a change, never made it to the front. Look forward to getting out again after this next batch of weather clears.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, we went. Martin and I launched around 6 and Cory showed up a little later. We fished the jetties on LC and caught some nice croaker then moved to bridge for stripers once the current started to move. Not fast and furious, but fish just the same. Specks and blues sounds good for a windy day. What were they biting? May have to head to OC instead of Lynn this afternoon. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
470 Posts
what were you guys using to catch the croaker? I want to go out with my little niece, and I figure croaker and spot are a great way to start... I just don't want to go out there and get skunked.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ric mine were all on a grub (I left the frozen peelers in the truck). Had to change a couple times because of the Bluefish bite-offs but stayed with the same rootbeer/chartruese tail pattern.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mine were all on either a smoke/sparkle grub (personal favorite) or the electric chicken grub. 4" with 1/4 oz head. Specks around the island and blues everywhere else (got some good flounder bait now. Good luck tonight.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
If ypou are nice ill tell you[grin] Long Bay Pointe Bait and Tackle has plenty.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice fishing with you guys last night. I guess I'll sign my post as Martin now, formely known as surf.[grin] Good luck tonight, I have to fix my light it drove me crazy floping like it was.
Martin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts