Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know when the interpretive buoys will be up & running? Seems awfully late this year.....Thanks

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
For several months when I tried to get on CBIBS from my computer favorites list I would get dire warnings that the CBIBS site was not safe. Dunno if it was the same for other guys or was it just on my computer. Then I tried getting to the site from scratch and got in OK with no warnings. So I don't know what the problem was. So far the only buoys online in Maryland waters is Patapsco and Annapolis. All the other buoys are still off line, and yeah, it does seem to be late. But then is was a long drawn-out winter.

http://buoybay.noaa.gov/locations

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gentlemen...Thank you for the input and links...that info did help. Sure was a long, nasty winter. Am planning on hitting the lower susky / flats tomorrow from like 8 - 3. Thanks Rick, will do.

Tight lines all....Mike

·
Registered
127 Posts
What is the weather looking like? I was thinking about it, but I have two small boys. I don't want to scare the s#!?out of them.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Weather looks to be pretty good...mid 60s, mostly sunny but could get a bit rough in the pm, something like 10 -15 ssw winds with gusts up to 20...against an outgoing tide.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update

Hit the flats yesterday as planned. Beautiful day but no fish...did have 1 solid hookup on a GOOD ONE while bouncing metal in 10' of water but that was it. Water temp was 47-50*, clarity varied...some areas were 8-10" with debris, others 24-36" and pretty much crystal clear. Wind was very light out of the south with a few late morning gusts to maybe 12. Saw about a dozen boats all day, mostly bass guys not catching. All in all it was a great day to be on the water... S/B soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts