Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's in the tourney this weekend? Boomerang and 2 others should be on the boat. Plan now is to head south if the weather holds. Any thoughts on heading north now? I had no luck at the cut last weekend.

Any predictions on what weight it will take to win?

Where is the captain's meeting? Norview?

Boat is a 23 Grady with twins/outriggers/Furuno on the hardtop. "Time-Line"

Good luck to everyone.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'll be out there. I personally think there will be alot of big fish caught. There will will be no moon. We will be affected by a high pressure system that should settle in Thurs. This will allow the fish
over 48 hours to adjust. They should be comfortable and hungry. My records indicate that the fishing improves just before a pressure change and a day or two after a pressure change. I wish the water temperature were a little cooler. We obviously have bait in good abundance and Sundays reports indicate there are good sized fish in the area. My only concern is wind. As far as a guess as to go North or South flip a coin. Remember over the years the winning fish have usually come from within 8 miles of Stingray. I would like to hear some other opinions as well.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
[Q]GWcpa originally wrote:
Boat is a 23 Grady with twins/
[/Q]You should easily be able to handle the run to the CBBT and back. That's probably where the winners will be.[smile]

·
Registered
86 Posts
We fished up north on Monday out front of the potomac and there we a lot of boats and only a few fish caught. We trolled 18 lines, all umbrellas with chutes behind them for 8 hours and only caught 3 fish. No monsters all were in the 35" - 37" range. Most boats only managed 1 or two fish if any. We stayed in 80' of water all day which is where most of the bait seemed to be. (bait was holding in 50-60 feet of water). We caught one fish off a planer one with 8oz of weight and one with 12oz. If you have the boat to go south I would do it, if not keep the lines in the water and clean and hope for the best.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not a fan of the CBBT on a Saturday, but guess I'll give it a try. I can cruise at 40 knots, but not in 2-3's. Ideally we'll find something worth working between D'ville and the CBBT.

·
Registered
702 Posts
If there is no check out I would guess it will be every bit of 47#s to win the tourney. Not fishing it though. good luck

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No check out, but it has to be in the VA bay waters, think 300 feet east of the CBBT. No Delaware Bay deal. [grin]

I'm thinking high 40's as well.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
It looks like Friday pre-fish day is a BLOW! Hopefully fish will move up Bay a little to avoid having to run so far south and haul back up if contention fish on board. Good Luck to everyone ans lets hope the weather man is wrong as usual!!!!!!!!!!

Capt Kidd

·
Registered
154 Posts
Were in! It should be good fishin and I think there will be a lot of big fish weighed Saturday. Check out is @ 3. You can't fish 300ft past the CBBT and North of the VA/Maryland line. We fished the ASA/Speed boat competition a few weeks back and never again will we do that. We had no idea guys were going to be running from the Delaware Bay. Oh well. By the way we did place sixith or second (if you only count fish that came from the Chesapeake Bay[smile]). Here is a link to the tourney website with the rules on it. I made sure I read ALL of them this time!

Registration Flyer:
http://www.ccavirginia.org/Downloads/Deltavile05flyer.pdf

Rules:
http://www.ccavirginia.org/Downloads/DeltavilleTournament%20Rules%202005.doc

·
Registered
561 Posts
We'll be there. Boat #12 "Earley Times" Wellcraft 290 Coastal. Looking forward to having a good time and just maybe catch a big fish. Good luck to everyone in the tourney or not. Hope the weather is kind

Andy

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello every one I am new here grew up on the bay in Deltaville and got a passport to move over to White Stone. We're in for this weekends tourn. Me and 3 others from over here are heading out of dylmer crk. went out sat and only picked up one but we only had 2 hours to go out for. Good luck for every one and hope the weater hold up. We hope to head south though it seems people are catching some good fish everywhere

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gtgf,

I'll be heading out of the Corrotoman from Mollusk. What type of boat do you have/name?

·
Registered
4 Posts
We'll be there - Out of Indian Creek - Boat #28 - '28 Bertram - "Childs Play Too". Hope the fish are hungry! Looks like it may be a bit dicey - but the old adage may hold - "The worse the weather - the better the fishing". Good luck to all!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Weather may be improving? The forecast changed this afternoon. [excited]

COASTAL WATERS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WAKEFIELD VA
300 PM EST WED NOV 30 2005

VIRGINIA PORTION OF THE CHESAPEAKE BAY...CURRITUCK SOUND AND ATLANTIC
COASTAL WATERS FROM FENWICK ISLAND DE TO CURRITUCK BEACH LIGHT NC OUT
20 NAUTICAL MILES

ANZ632-011030-
/O.CON.KAKQ.SC.Y.0058.000000T0000Z-051201T1700Z/
CHESAPEAKE BAY FROM NEW POINT COMFORT TO CAPE HENRY VA-
300 PM EST WED NOV 30 2005

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING

TONIGHT
N WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. WAVES 4 FT.

THU
N WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING NW 5 TO 10 KT IN THE AFTERNOON.
WAVES 2 FT IN THE MORNING...THEN 1 FOOT OR LESS. AT THE MOUTH OF THE
BAY...WAVES 3 TO 4 FT.

THU NIGHT
NW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...INCREASING TO 10 TO 15 KT AFTER
MIDNIGHT. WAVES 1 FOOT...THEN 2 FT AFTER MIDNIGHT. AT THE MOUTH OF THE
BAY...NW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 20 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT.
WAVES 3 FT.

FRI
W WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. GUSTS UP TO 30 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. WAVES
3 TO 4 FT...EXCEPT WAVES 4 FT AT THE MOUTH OF THE BAY.

FRI NIGHT
NW WINDS 15 TO 20 KT...DECREASING TO 10 TO 15 KT AFTER
MIDNIGHT. WAVES 3 FT. AT THE MOUTH OF THE BAY... NW WINDS 15 TO 20 KT.
WAVES 4 FT.

SAT
W WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. WAVES 2 FT IN THE MORNING... THEN 1 FOOT OR
LESS. AT THE MOUTH OF THE BAY...WAVES 3 FT.

SAT NIGHT
SW WINDS 10 KT. WAVES 1 FOOT...EXCEPT WAVES 2 TO 3 FT AT
THE MOUTH OF THE BAY. RAIN LIKELY.

·
Registered
41 Posts
GWcpa,I knew you were going to get wind of the bite at the CBBT & take us down there at 50 knots in 3 foot seas! Not to worry ,I just added my chiropractor's # to my cellular,just in case.
The good news is I was just told that there was a good bite of big fish up north. Maybe we'll be able to fish up there & save some gas ...and my back!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I'll be out there too. The boat is the Cache 22 which is a 28 Albins that belongs to a friend. I haven't heard of the big fish catch up north. One of my charter boat captain friends was around the top of the Cut and got some fish but no record breakers.

A piece of advice: don't expect anyone to tell you where the fish are and don't believe them if they do.

·
Registered
54 Posts
[Q]GWcpa originally wrote:
Gtgf,

I'll be heading out of the Corrotoman from Mollusk. What type of boat do you have/name?
[/Q]JWe are all going on a friend of mine's boat 25' hydra sport(haleys comet)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[Q]Boomerang originally wrote:
GWcpa,I knew you were going to get wind of the bite at the CBBT & take us down there at 50 knots in 3 foot seas! Not to worry ,I just added my chiropractor's # to my cellular,just in case.
The good news is I was just told that there was a good bite of big fish up north. Maybe we'll be able to fish up there & save some gas ...and my back!
[/Q]

I keep forgetting about your aging back. [grin] You'll be napping in the cabin on the run down if the wind is 10-15 outof the W.

I need to get the severe skunk smell out of my cooler, even if we run 150 miles. I learned my lesson last weekend with staying in one spot all day.

Just bring a couple rods and a maybe a few rigs, I'm gassed up and ready to go. Just need to get the rigger lines back together.

·
Registered
512 Posts
We haven't made up our minds yet on whether we'll be fishing on the "Mister J's Pleasure" or the "Tammy's Rival" but were planning on being out there. Waiting on Friday forcast to make a decision on what boat were entering under.

Bobby Jenkins

1 - 20 of 30 Posts